Coyotes

Talk anything related to predators.
Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Post by Don Fischer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:55 pm

This is my first year calling coyotes, they've always been targets of opertuinty for me. Haven't called one into shooting range yetbut, I believe it's only a matter of time.

As for knowledgeable, the anti that enters a site he know's nothing about only to cause a ruckus; ignor him. He gets what he wants when he upsets you, he win's! He attacks us because he can't get anything done any other way. And he still hasn't got anything done; how many of you quit hunting and shooting sports because of him?[/quote]

wrmdnkr
Spike
Spike

Post by wrmdnkr » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:41 am

I agree. This French fry lovin' loser is only here to get a laugh, he probably poaches for a living and is looking for someone to make him feel better. Coyotes are fun to shoot, just like jack rabbits. I regularly hunt both and don't care what people think about it.
By the way, I don't think that he is canadian, he has got to be French just like all those other spineless wimps.

E-Dog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by E-Dog » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:14 pm

Good point guys. Who doesn't like to shoot coyotes and gophers and all the other little annoying rodents??? i have never used calls for coyotes. Me and my cousin have always just drove his truck down the gravel road by his ranch outside of cardston alberta canada and if we see one we hop out and shoot it if we don't have a good shot we chase it until we do!!! Good Luck at getting one they're a ton of fun!!!!

team_predator_6
Fawn
Fawn

Calling.

Post by team_predator_6 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:17 pm

I've been trying to call coyotes for along time. I havent had any luck. But just like calling any animal. your not going to get a response everytime. I've shot 5 coyotes. But never calling them in. the hardest one to kill I shot with my 17 hmr savage. It is alitle light for coyotes. just have to place your shot. My biggest challange is to shoot one with a bow. Well good luck
Bowhunting is the only way to go

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:13 pm

I received one of those phone calls that just makes my day! Seems down on the Navajo Reservation they were loosing sheep to some coyotes. They had lost 5 so far and needed some help. Travis my buddy called me and I was in. We needed a third person to film and help call and shoot a few, so I talked with Weasel and he was in. We loaded up and headed out with a truck full of gear. When we arrived I was in awe at the expansiveness of the area. It was wide open and I feared a bit tough to hunt, turns out I was right. We did however adapt and we overcame.

After a day of learning the area, which by the way was very easy to get turned around. Without the use of a GPS I am sure we would have used a bunch more fuel.

It started out tough with an extremely hard cold wind the first day, with only 1 Coyote called in and killed. This poor coyote we did a favor. He had mange and scratched so hard that he scratched the skin off his hind leg down to the bone. Sure glad we were around to put him out of this misery. I had never encountered mange until this guy, even after 30 plus years of calling, this was the first one Weasel had seen.
The next day and night would prove to be pretty exciting with many Coyotes taken. We called and killed seven all together in about 4 hours of calling.

Weasel getting a camera lesson.
Who is that masked Man.

Travis with his killer howler and his son Travian.

Weasel with his TC kill.

More fun.

It's too darned early!
Who is cooking dinner!!

Fisrt kill of the trip, My missing streak had ended and 3 more were put down without a miss. I just needed a good crew to keep me calm.

Travis talked with the folks on the Reservation and welcomed us back anytime. Hope we helped just a little and I hope to get back and hunt soon.

We used all manner of calls, mine, the FoxPro and Travis's calls.
There is a reason they call it Hunting, and not Killing :)
http://www.thehuntersspace.com

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:00 pm

Looks like a blast, great story and pictures to go along with.

Thanks for sharing and telling us about the trip. Awesome.

What exactly is mange again?

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:46 pm

Sarcoptic mange is caused by a mite called Notoedres, a microscopic ectoparasite that burrows in to the skin. The most prevalent symptom of sarcoptic mange is intense itching called pruritis. This itching will inflame the skin and cause scabs with a secondary bacterial infection (pyoderma) occurring due to the trauma.

A microscopic picture of the little beast.

It can infect Humans and all animals so if you ever encounter such an animal that is infected, steer clear. DO NOT TOUCH THE INFECTED ANIMAL!
Try and dispose of it in a safe manner so other animals won't get it.
There is a reason they call it Hunting, and not Killing :)
http://www.thehuntersspace.com