How many trail cams

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
rezstyle
Spike
Spike

How many trail cams

Post by rezstyle » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:08 pm

I went and splurged on myself...and like any good hunter, I have yet to tell my wife, but I'm sure she'll get the dang UPS box when it comes in. Anyways, I will be rolling with 4 once these 2 come in. My question is, how many Trail Cams do you roll with?

I feel I can carry many more than I do since I've got 1.2 million acres, of which I'd guess 95% of it is huntable land. If I wasn't scared of the batteries coming close to gas prices, I think I would ideally have 7 out at any given time.

Anyways, wanted to hear from you.

killerbee

Re: How many trail cams

Post by killerbee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 pm

are you in the market for a hunting partner?? i'm willing to buy my non-resident tag at a moments notice you, in turn, would need to provide the 1.2 million acreas and the scouting info you done :)) lol :)) lol

i have 3 but i havent been able to get any of them out this year.plus 2 are almost worthless right now. my moultri has some problem and cant take pictures exctept at night, the pics turn out all white. my other one is a game veiw[ i think] one of the first game cameras made, it's garbage, takes pictures like it's a store servailance[ sp??? cer-va-lance] camera. so i have just 1 i like right now. it's a stealth cam 35mm. great pics, great shutter speed, great flash, just has 36 pictures and your done. i need to get some new ones

rezstyle
Spike
Spike

Post by rezstyle » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:40 pm

killerbee wrote:are you in the market for a hunting partner?? i'm willing to buy my non-resident tag at a moments notice you, in turn, would need to provide the 1.2 million acreas and the scouting info you done :)) lol :)) lol
Unfortunately, our reservation isn't open to the public except certain upland birds. At 1.2 million acres, our reservation is the 2nd biggest in Washington State, and one of the bigger ones throughout the country. Excellent hunting since we were isolated in some rugged country many years ago.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:41 pm

I also have 4 of them, 2 good one and 2 that aren't the greatest. Just finished building the 2 good ones.

I want to hunt the 1.2 million acres also. :thumb

kaibabhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kaibabhunter » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Just 2, but give me couple years and I bet I'll be up to 6. The wife only approves of so many hunting related items at a time and I'm pretty sure I maxed out for this year...still need a new rangefinder and a badlands 2800 pack.

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Ive had 6 cams this year but have just sold 3 of the older ones and will upgrade to the new models next spring. ill tell ya what, trail cams are a blast, but when i go out it is with my buddy that has 5 cams and it can turn into an all day choir to check and set up cams. oh well, i think ill buy a few more next year and make it a 2 day choir.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:44 pm

I figerwd that four would work just right for me. If I set one up every week then I would have a camera to check eack week that had been set up for a month so that I had a good idea of what animals were living in the area as apossed to the ones that were just walking through there just the one time. Four is about all that I have time for between checking them and moving them if they are not in a productive area. Now if I didn't have to work so much I would have more cameras.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

Wapiti
2 point
2 point

Post by Wapiti » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:15 pm

I have 19 homebrew trail cameras and 2 other models and i'm in the process of building 3 more but i only have 12 out in the bush right now.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:04 pm

I have 19 homebrew trail cameras and 2 other models and i'm in the process of building 3 more but i only have 12 out in the bush right now.
Dad gum, you should have woods covered for sure. :)