Recomendations on Trail Camera's

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
kaibabhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Recomendations on Trail Camera's

Post by kaibabhunter » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 am

I just bought my 2nd Moultrie Game Spy I 4.0 for $200 and they've been working great. I just checked my first one (for the 2nd time) this weekend that I put out 6 weeks ago and it still has 80% battery life. I only get up about every 3 weeks so battery life is important - and that's in triple digit temps. Pic quality is good enough for me at 4 mp, color during the day, b/w IR at night.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:49 am

I just checked my first one (for the 2nd time) this weekend
AND???? :-k

kaibabhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kaibabhunter » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:04 pm

...and unfortunately not much - 1 doe, a bunch of quail and varmints. Its a desert area with a small herd - supposedly good bucks though if I can find them. After 6 weeks I pulled it and will be moving both to a new spot this Sunday. Here's a couple pics...

kaibabhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kaibabhunter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:47 pm

So I moved my camera and set up a second one in a new spot, over water and minerals. There's a small den with a lot of scat (kind of big scat) with 3-4 trails coming into the wash. There's now 4 confirmed lions living in the area so maybe I'll get them on camera. Not too sure how good a spot it will be for deer though if lions, or even coyotes live there - any ideas? Won't be able to check for pics for another week, but will post if anything shows up.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Deer should be there if there is lions, look forward to the pics.

kaibabhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kaibabhunter » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Well, I checked my second spot for the second time and 0 deer, a few pigs and this lion. Time to accept that this is not the spot to be and move on...

Shedologist
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Shedologist » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Hey Moultrie cams are great and the batteries do die but I found a battery that will last it is a compact 6v that they use in exit signs in buildings. it will hold a charge for a month without any help but with a solar panel Who knows how long and it is also a dry cell so the cold should not affect it as much. I found mine at a battery exchange shop. oh it also has a year warranty.