Recomendations on Trail Camera's

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
Mike Honcho
Fawn
Fawn

Recomendations on Trail Camera's

Post by Mike Honcho » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:47 am

I'm looking at buying some Trail Camera's. Any recommendations on what Brands to buy or to stay away from?
"You can't fix stupid!"

heshen
2 point
2 point

Re: Recomendations on Trail Camera's

Post by heshen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:51 am

stay away from the older moultrie 6-volt ones.. they suck the battery dead in a short time and dont last long in extreme weather..The new moultries are nice. Cuddibacks are awesome if u can afford them.. Stealth cams take nice pictures but the trigger time seems to be slow. Wildview cams are very inexpensive have fast trigger times, but the picture quality isnt as great.. I have been buying th wildviews because they are inexpensive and I can get a ot of them. The pics I can still tell what the animals are so they work great for what I use them for. These are the cams Ive had experience with.. hope that helps!!

Mike Honcho
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mike Honcho » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:23 am

heshen,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to buy a few of them so I might go with the Wildview as well. Where did you buy yours and how much did they set you back?
"You can't fix stupid!"

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:58 am

ive gotten all of my wildview cams either off of ebay or cabelas.. They have them at wal-mart too but I like to get at least the 3.0 megapixel ones, which I dont think wal-mart carries. Just lately I have started getting their Infared cameras. I like them alot.. The new infared 3.0 is available from cabelas and it my favorite cam of theres. It runs $110.00 from cabelas, but I have got the 2.0 infared version off of ebay as cheap as $70.00 shipped.. You can expect to pay from $60-$110 for a 3.0 megapixel or larger camera that I would recommend.

Mike Honcho
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mike Honcho » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks for the help man! Can't wait to get some and get them set up.
"You can't fix stupid!"

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:46 pm

You can build a REALLY nice for about 200 bucks. Sony 6 megapixel camera.

I just built one, can't set it up for a while yet. Will have to get some photos of it up soon.

Brett

I can show/tell you were and how to get the stuff to build them if you'd like. It's pretty fun and cool. They are sweet trail cams also.

bonehead
4 point
4 point

Post by bonehead » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:40 pm

I can show/tell you were and how to get the stuff to build them if you'd like. It's pretty fun and cool. They are sweet trail cams also.
Show away. :thumb

Mike Honcho
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mike Honcho » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:43 pm

I'd be interested in knowing how to make a 6 megapixel Trail cam for $200. Have you used these? If so, how well do they hold up to the weather, etc.?
"You can't fix stupid!"

lunkerjunker
Spike
Spike

Post by lunkerjunker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:21 am

The Wildview cameras are cheap and they get he job done. The pics arent really that great though and for my next cam I'm going try to build one.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:07 pm

I strapped my first cam to a tree a couple of weeks ago, and it's a Wildview. What I like about it the most is the loop on the side of the housing. It allows you to chain it to a tree so honest people don't steal it. I think I have a picture of a guy trying to do just that! lol
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!