Just a few from Iraq

Fishing, Sunsets, Outdoors, Birds, etc.
ABert

Just a few from Iraq

Post by ABert » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:00 am

Finally got my camera in and had a chance to take a few pics. Concerns when buying the camera were size, quality and price. Looking in the $200 range for something I could use over here but more importantly to carry when I'm hunting. Ended up with a Canon SD1000. 7.1 megapixels, whatever that is, but it's smaller than a deck of cards. Took some pretty tough shots for any camera and I think it did a pretty good job. Being as I'm no expert at posting pics, I'll explain what the three coming up are as they may be in any order. One is of some old guy on a helo (shows somewhat how good the camera is at close ups), next is what it looks directly west of Baghdad from about 3000 ft. Not what most would expect I imagine. The last is of a Chinook, very bright sun, but what really caught my eye was the likeness of the Jolly Roger on it. AGC and any shellbacks know what I'm talking about. Took a few others that I'll post later but nothing too special.
Attachments
helo1.jpg
helo1.jpg (91.47 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:02 am

Hmmm, let me see if I can figure out how to add more than one pic to a post.
[/img]
Attachments
helo2.jpg
helo2.jpg (63.24 KiB) Viewed 5937 times

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:03 am

Guess not...lol
Attachments
helo3.jpg
helo3.jpg (59.52 KiB) Viewed 5935 times

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:35 am

Great pics ABert! Looks like you're doin pretty well over there thus far!

Oh, and heck yea I know the "jolly roger"! I'll remember my "wog day" forever (Shelayllees (sic), hotsauce, fishoil, royal baby, raw eggs, garbage chute, etc, etc, etc)!!! (Of course, it ain't what it used to be anymore...much like the rest of our traditions).

Take care ABert.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:39 am

Great pics my friend, really glad you could check in and share. I'm way excited to see and have someone over there let us see a bit and check in. Consider it and Honor and privilege. salxxute

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:44 am

MuleyMadness wrote:Great pics my friend, really glad you could check in and share. I'm way excited to see and have someone over there let us see a bit and check in. Consider it and Honor and privilege. salxxute

same as Brett said. i love the pics your sharing to day. lookin foward to more. stay safe.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Jeff
2 point
2 point

Post by Jeff » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:56 pm

thanks for the pics and your service. I missed the trip below the equator by a week during my time in the yacht club, but my buds said I didn't miss anything (anything nice that is). Be safe and god bless.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:46 pm

salxxute =D> :thumb awsome!! thanks for taking the time to share a little of your experiance with us. so are those farm feilds that i'm seeing in the shot from way up? deffinatly not what i pictured, i was thinking sand dunes everywhere. what has the temperature been there? i also always think of it being 110+ degrees always? stay safe and thanks for your service!!!

ABert

Post by ABert » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:41 am

AGC,
I hear ya, I haven't participated in a crossing the line ceremony since shortly after Tailhook. I was the senior shellback my last time across and told them I wouldn't participate if I couldn't at least CARRY a shelaylee. Not that I would've hit anyone...with it...that anyone could see...ummm, yeah.

killerbee,
Yes, those are farm fields as far as the eye can see. Between the Euphrates and Tigris rivers is a very productive agricultural area. West of the Euphrates is the desert you would expect to see. East of the Tigris is marsh lands in the south and mountains in the north.

Here's a few more. This one shows one of the 7 helos in the group. Five Chinooks with a Huey and Cobra as cover
Attachments
helo4.jpg
helo4.jpg (36.27 KiB) Viewed 5852 times
What used to be the Palace of Believers until Mar '03
What used to be the Palace of Believers until Mar '03
POBsmall.jpg (82.24 KiB) Viewed 5852 times
Chandelier at Al Faw Palace.  Notice the person walking on the lower right.  Everything you see is marble and the picture was take from the third floor.  This one was not taken with my camera.  Oh, and it looks like I figured out how to add more than one
Chandelier at Al Faw Palace. Notice the person walking on the lower right. Everything you see is marble and the picture was take from the third floor. This one was not taken with my camera. Oh, and it looks like I figured out how to add more than one
af1.JPG (78.91 KiB) Viewed 5851 times

Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Post by Cvrn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Very cool Abert, Keep em coming.
SNUFF"M