vertex spotting scopes

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
the_muley_freak
Fawn
Fawn

vertex spotting scopes

Post by the_muley_freak » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 pm

im new to the site and just thought that i could get some of your opinions on some of the vertex spotting scopes?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: vertex spotting scopes

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:04 am

I have the Vortex Skyline, although I haven't used it much yet it seems to be awesome. Might be a bit big for packing around in the hills though. Great product IMO. :thumb

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:11 pm

I have the Vortex Skyline HD spotter. I love it.. It is no Swarovski, but for the money you spend on it.. it is IMO the best you can get... I would recommend it to anyone looking for a spotter in that range :thumb

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm

heshen wrote:I have the Vortex Skyline HD spotter. I love it.. It is no Swarovski, but for the money you spend on it.. it is IMO the best you can get... I would recommend it to anyone looking for a spotter in that range :thumb
+ 1 :thumb
WILD ANTLERS

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:59 pm

I have the Skyline also and it was wonderful to have for my bison hunt. It is worth every penny IMHO.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

montanamatt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by montanamatt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 pm

I had the Vortex Nomad as a backup to my Pentax 65eda. i had to use the Nomad for the entire rifle season, as my 65eda broke while enclosed in my backpack, and I had to send it in for warranty. The nomad was OK up to 40 power, but did not transmit much light past that. I got a good look at Pronghorn at 1000 yards. The Nomad is not the sharpest scope, but I hear the skyline is much better.

By the way, the Pentax came back shortly after the season closed here in Montana. It then went on Ebay, as I must be able to trust my equipment. The Nomad went on Ebay shortly thereafter, and I am now the proud owner of a Ziess Diascope 65 TFL. We will see how the Zeiss holds up (I also got the awesome Scopecoat cover). Not surprisingly, the Zeiss bests the Nomad by miles (I know ... apples to oranges), but I was surprised how much better it is than my Pentax, which I thought was pretty great. At 45 power, I can resolve more detail than the Pentax did at 60, all with a bigger exit pupil. Just today I was looking at mulies 2 1/2 miles away from my living room.

Great deals right now on Zeiss spotters, SWFA and Cameralandny, specifically.

Good hunting.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:43 pm

not sure about the spottin scopes but i couldnt be happier with my bino's! they are great for the price especially! and the warranty is amazing! i dropped mine and broke right in half at the hinge.... sent them in and got what looks like a whole new set of binos! i love em! i really want a vortex spottin scope to see hows they compare

Andymansavage
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Andymansavage » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 pm

I have a Nomad and packed it around last year. I really like the size and the quality is great, especially for the price, I don't use the zoom much.
Here are some pics taken through it.ImageImageImage

BigBoneZ
Spike
Spike

Post by BigBoneZ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:58 pm

:thumb good product

carramrod
Fawn
Fawn

Post by carramrod » Tue May 12, 2009 1:30 pm

I might have to check the vortex out. I have been looking for a used swar,lieca or ziess with no luck.