Did I miss it this year?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
northern
2 point
2 point

Did I miss it this year?

Post by northern » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:45 am

Wheres the christmas present like years past.....I really missBlack Magic.......Is he still around?...He was starting to look rough in the last few years. Did he make it another year? You can answer in a PM if ya like. I'm just curious if he is alive still.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Did I miss it this year?

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 pm

He is unfortunately no longer alive. Never made it back this year, man what a bummer. I looked high, low, and long for him and just couldn't turn him up. He was old for sure, wish I knew where he was to go recover the horns.

northern
2 point
2 point

Post by northern » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Man that sucks. He was a great buck. It would be really cool to recover the antlers.....but cool in another way as he was never taken and noone has him on the wall. Wild to the end.....maybe some of the others will hold up to the expectations of, Being another (BLACK MAGIC)........

UTmonsterslayer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by UTmonsterslayer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:30 am

He was an awesomely unique buck. He could have easily been shot on the muzz hunt a couple years ago. Check out the new Muley Crazy dvd that will be out in a few months.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:34 pm

He was an awesomely unique buck. He could have easily been shot on the muzz hunt a couple years ago. Check out the new Muley Crazy dvd that will be out in a few months.
Hope we don't wait as long as last time they said there DVD would be out. lol

But I would love to see the footage when it's released. How about a sneak preview? :)

I can't believe someone wouldn't shoot him, LOTS tried and a few claimed they could have but decided against him. I heard some local residents sure tried on the Rifle hunt down south for a couple of years and said he was almost impossible to kill. Same for several archery guys.

But I guess if you had a high dollar tag, ole Black Magic might just be cool to look at and I'd move on to something else. But with the History I have with him I would not have passed for sure.

He was quite the buck for sure.

I've got a bunch of footage of him that's never been seen. Will release a DVD likely some day. :))

UTmonsterslayer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by UTmonsterslayer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:21 pm

We should have the dvd done before the big expo in SLC, but we'll see. It will definitely be out within the next 3 months and it will be AWESOME! There are so many HUGE bucks. As for the sneak preview, Ryan would mutilate my manhood, so........ no.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 am

all of those pictures of "black magic" were one of the main reason I joined MM however long ago. I was always impressed how much video and pictures brett had of one VERY COOL buck.

I, for one, would have gladly "wasted" my tag on such a cool buck! 10sign:

it's to bad he's gone, but i also agree- it's kinda cool that he was able to excape so many hunters. if one person ever finds his skull, I sure hope it would be MULEYMADNESS. with so many experiances with him, he deserves it

Turokman123
2 point
2 point

Post by Turokman123 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:11 pm

i didn't see the pictures but i really wish i could of by the way you talk about them
2010 Strother SR-71 390 grain arrow @ ~60# >-------> 298 FPS with 74.6 KE. Slick Trick Army.
"Is it elk season yet?"

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:10 pm

UTmonsterslayer

Is the footage of Black Magic on the new Quest for the Best DVD???