MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
livebreathhuntn
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by livebreathhuntn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm

well i go by live or what ever is thrown my way im from okla got to teenager one boy one girl been married to the same wonderful woman for 18 yrs only hunted whitetails and varmits do some fishing when time allows but with two teenagers thats not alot

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Hello all!! I gave a little background info and intro in campfire talk but wanted to pop in here as well. (Didn't find roll call until after that post!) Here's the link to my initial intro, look forward to learning a thing or two!!

http://www.muleymadness.com/forum/viewt ... 20&t=12000

PHLETCH
Fawn
Fawn

Post by PHLETCH » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Hello fellow fanatics! My name is Gregg Fletcher, I hale from the middle of Washington state. I have been an avid muledeer hunter all of my life and enjoy the outdoors immensly. I am new to this site but frequent other sites that I wont mention...always looking to gain information, look at great pictures and share what I can. Over the past 7 years I have been venturing out of my home state and thoroughly enjoy the big open spaces of central/eastern montana. My oldest son has gotten old enough to pick up the rifle so I really enjoy helping pass on my experience to him. Good luck in the upcoming draws and through out the upcoming fall!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:40 am

Welcome aboard guys.......look forward to your posts! ::wel
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Fritz
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Fritz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:51 pm

New to the sight, as of a few minutes ago. I was born and raised in Central Utah and am currently living in the Salt Lake City area. Due to school, young children and building a career, I have seriously neglected my hunting needs. Now that my kids are getting a little older, I am hoping to get the entire family back into hunting. I grew up hunting mule deer (mostly archery) on the Central Mountains Manti and Pahvant areas. I have not hunted these areas in quiet some time so I will not be able to provide current intel but I hope that I will become more useful in the coming years. I have recently drew a Muzzle Loader elk tag on the Central Mountains Nebo unit, at the hunting expo.I will be soliciting info not only on this unit but on elk hunting in general. This will be my first big bull hunt, in fact I have only been on a few unsuccessful spike bull hunt with people who really didn't know what they were doing. Therefore, at this point I am really up the creek without a paddle. Any information on the Nebo Unit and/or elk hunting in general will be greatly appreciated. I will be sure to share my successes and disappoints about this hunt.

BikerRN
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BikerRN » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Howdy all.

New member from southern AZ here. The last time I hunted southern AZ was in 1988. Much has changed over the years, and it's nice to be back. I drive daily from Tucson to Sierra Vista and in my drive I see areas that once used to be open to hunting now closed. I also see areas that I'd like to try hunting and I'm exploring them.

In my time here I notice that coues deer have really seemed to take over areas that were once Mule Deer habitat. Good or bad, I have no idea. I do know that I prefer hunting mulies. I look forward to my time here and participating in the threads.

I've got a little time before I have to put in the the lottery drawing that AZ uses, so I'm trying to make the most of it by going out and scouting, talking with some folks at Game and Fish, Border Patrol, and other people be they hunters, hikers, or ranchers.

Biker

Indianw
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Indianw » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:12 am

hello to every one live here near sacramento Ca. been hunting since the early 70's grew up in humboldt county hunted in the yolly bolly and trinity wilderness mostly killed lots of deer a few bear made my first trip out of state went to Idaho in the early 90's seen 18 legal bucks before I shot my first out of state Mulely mid 150's, last year made my first DIY backpack Elk hunt with my oldest son Travis had a great time seen some elk just couldn't close the deal going back again this year. Married for 22yrs two Boys 20 and 22 have horses and race cars :)

cflong
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cflong » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Glad to find this site. I live in Arkansas and work for our conservation agency here in the education division. I have been out west twice, once for a bow elk hunt in CO and last year for antelope in WY. I hunt whitetails, ducks and most anything else here in AR as well as lots of fishing.

I really hope to make more trips out west in the future and hope to find some help on here.

Thanks

Muley Stalker
Spike
Spike

Post by Muley Stalker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm glad I found this forum. Hunting Muley's is my passion. I'm 68 and have been hunting for 60 years. I'll hunt as long as I can walk. I hunt alone, and i've had to give up hunting elk. Just too much animal for me to handle at my age. It's ok though. It gives me more time to concentrate on Muley's.

I live in a small town in Colorado. I'm at 8500 ft, so i'm only ten minutes from good hunting areas. I spend all my time hiking, scouting, and hunting. I also do some fly fishing in the summer.
I only shoot muzzleloaders, but I shoot the rifle season so I can use a scope. Eyes are too bad for iron sights anymore.

Anyway, that's me. An old guy who loves hunting. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys.
Keep your nose in the wind.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:32 am

Welcome aboard boys........
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer