MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
rhendrix
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by rhendrix » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:48 pm

My name is Ron...I'm a SE Texas boy born and raised. I don't think there's any other part of the world that's as flat as it is in SE Texas around Houston. Grew up listening to stories about my grandpa hunting in AK, CO, WY, and ID and looked at all the pictures he took on his old 35mm and have been fascinated ever since, after getting serious about hunting a couple of years ago I've decided to finally take the plunge into unknown waters and chase elk and mule deer out West. I've hunted with a bow exclusively the past three years and have hunted with a rifle since I can remember. When I'm not hunting or fishing, or thining about hunting or fishing, I like to spend time with my wife and four year old son and 18 month old little girl. Looking forward to learning as much about mule deer and elk hunting as I possibly can.

m_wetterling
Fawn
Fawn

Post by m_wetterling » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:53 am

Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I am from SD. I have been on Muley Madness every so often lurking for the past few years, but finally decided to make a profile so I could post. I'm 27 and I enjoy hunting, fishing and sports. I rifle hunt occasionally but bowhunting is my main passion. I shoot traditional archery but own a few compounds as well. I’m a spot and stalk type hunter and I really like hunting mule deer, elk, antelope, and pretty much everything else I can go after. So far I have hunted in MN, ND, SD, MT, WY, ID, CO, TX and AK. Look forward to being a member of the forum. Any questions feel free to ask. Thanks

thorkidd
Fawn
Fawn

Post by thorkidd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:45 am

My name is Jason I'm from Michigan I'm 32 yrs old wife 2 kids and I hunt like crazy, I have never hunted outside my home state, I am all about the whitetail but cannot stop dreaming about the mule deer! I am hoping to soon be able to go on a diy hunt with my uncle, but I don't know where to start, which state is the easiest for nonresident tags, tips etc. etc. I'm hoping you muley madmen will help an easterner out! Thank you, honestly! Jason

Muley Fanatic
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muley Fanatic » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm 15 years old. I live in Alamogordo, NM. I love hunting anything but especially enjoy going after muleys

elkslare
Fawn
Fawn

Post by elkslare » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello everyone.
I have been lurking out there too . figured it was time to join. My name is Dale i am 51years old. WOOOW that hurts :))
I live in Washington state I love to Hunt and Fish. My Passion is elk hunting with a bow. Just recently kinda got going towards the muleys. I drew in Washington state for a buck tag, and took a decent buck (witch in Washington is not that big). But what a blast putting the stock on a buck in the wide open and taken him with a bow.
Hunting is a huge passion and I love sharing it with my kids as they are avid hunters as well. we have hunted Idaho Montana Alaska Washington Arizona Canada. Hunting Black Bear Deer Elk Brown Bear Antelope Yotes Moose Caribou Wolves.
Look forward chating it up with ya all.

TexasHunter83
2 point
2 point

Post by TexasHunter83 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Hey Everybody!

Glad to be a new member of "Muley Madness." I've never hunted mule deer before but started my quest a few years ago by putting in to the Colorado drawing system to hunt mule deer. I hope to harvest my first muley next year. I was lucky enough to travel to Wyoming last year and harvest a good Pronghorn about 20 miles south-southwest of Kaycee. I'm 29 years old and live on the gulf coast of Texas. I'm married and have 2 little girls (3yrs and 10mos). I LOVE TO HUNT. I did a little hunting as a kid and was fortunate enough to have friends of the family that invited us hunting fairly regularly. As a young man I routinely hunt dove, deer, hogs, geese, and occassionally duck. If given the chance, I'd probably hunt anything and everything. I've killed plenty of whitetails since I was a kid but was finally able to take a good buck about 3 years ago near my home. He wasn't a "trophy" but he was certainly a good buck for my standards. I'm on a budget so I can't afford to fork over several thousands to bag a trophy of any species. I'm proud to say that all of my harvested game has been the result of good, hard hunting. I've never been real fond of hunting animals in a pen; though I don't begrudge those who do. The main reason I joined this forum was to attempt to gain more knowledge and information about mule deer hunting before my trip next year (2014). By looking over the threads, I can tell there are some really good people posting here. I look forward to conversing with all of you. Take it easy!

Brian

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:26 am

Welcome guys!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

mathewsbowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mathewsbowhunter » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm

I am a bowhunter from the start grew up in the east hunting whitetail, now live in NV and going to try and beat my dad 200 inch mule deer with my bow, love the outdoors kids who hunt fish and trap dont mug little old ladies

EricD$
Fawn
Fawn

Post by EricD$ » Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 pm

I am brand new to this site. I do frequent another popular hunting forum site. I live in northern California and hunting is part of my family tradition. I guided for bears with my dad since I was 2 years old until he got out of the game several years ago. I enjoy hunting all sorts of big game and my ultimate goal this year is to get my 14 year old son, who had brain surgery a year ago, his first buck. I have 10 preference pints for California and I am researching the best unit to put in for with that may points. Thanks,

Eric

bowhunter_c.g.
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bowhunter_c.g. » Fri May 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Hello,

Im new to the forums of Muley Madness. I have hunted my whole life in the state of utah. I only have hunted rifle deer & elk. Until three years ago when i changed over to hunting Archery, absolutely just love hunting with a bow. I have yet to be successful though, but just being out door with my family is what counts in making memories. I recently have just found out that i drew a fish lake plateau-archery elk tag this year 2013. A good friend told me to become a member and meet some great people and i hope to help out others with knowledge and mistakes i have made rifle and archery hunting that will help others in needs. I have never been apart of aforum before. so this is new to me. But so far this is pretty cool to become part of. already have learned a few things by reading other posts.