Remington
41%

Total votes: 37

flyn_y
Fawn
Fawn

buy americian

Post by flyn_y » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:52 am

I think before anyone buyes a firearm the number one thing you should consider is where it is made. You should try to support your americian brothers and sisters as much as possible. Ruger ,kinght ,thomson center are three of many quality americian firearms. I know you cant buy american all the time but it is important to try. You would be surprised how many big name gun makers like savage browning ect. are not americian these days.

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:47 pm

I have been using a Rem 7400 in .280 for the last 8 years and love it, I made the mistake of letting my wife use it on her Antelope hunt now its hers O:) But that gave me an excuse to get a new gun, so I bought a Rem 700 in .280. It was a used gun but had been customized by a reliable person so I bought it and what a tack driver could not be happier. I have taken elk and deer with my .280
There is a reason they call it Hunting, and not Killing :)
http://www.thehuntersspace.com

jsalas68
Fawn
Fawn

ruger

Post by jsalas68 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:01 pm

personally i like Ruger

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:56 pm

hELLO FELLas, I grew up in North Florida(Tallahassee) hunting world. My wife grew up on a wheat farm north of Great Falls MT. Alligators to big mule deer. Never been much of a deer hunter in Fla. but was curious about the WSSM loads?. Any info would be great. I have access to muleys now and want to buy a rifle that can go from mule/white-tail to antelope, since they are everywhere on her families property. From what I read the 25-06 seems to be a good choice for the area and type of hunting I would be doing. Thanks, lost in Montana, Stevie

whitedog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by whitedog » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:36 pm

I have a good supply of hunting rifles, most of witch I have won in raffles, the gun I seem to deer hunt with a lot is one I bought a few years ago and like very much, its a new england firearms single shot, in a .280 rem, ive takin whitetails over 300 yards more than once with it, but 3 years ago I won a browning .300 rem. mag. and it seems to find its way to my deer stand alot now days, its a little more gun than I need but it feels good when its drawn up ready too shoot, I have a handfull of rifles ive won in raffles that ive had for 7 years or more and never fired them some are remington and a couple brownings, I have a 45/70 gov. I won and have not even put a scope on it yet its a marlin lever gun, so id have to say my favorite deer rifle is my .280 new england firearms single shot.
I am new to the site and like the looks of it very well, I am going to mark the site and try to visit often, my intrest are more hunting with hounds for bear and cats but love my deer hunting.
take a kid hunting and fishing

Anonymous

Favoite Rifle's

Post by Anonymous » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:17 pm

I,ve used Remington's, Ruger's, Parker Hale's and various Mausers. I suspect I must be a Remington fan but, as another guy said, they're customer relation's has gone to burn. Also, the 700 isn't what it used to be but its still easy to bed. Oh yea, I've also used a couple L61R Sako's first rate!!!!

Recently looked at a new Savage with the new trigger. Next rifle will be one. My last two Remington 700's needed just to much work to get to shooting well.[/quote]