Huge Set!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
toughshed
Fawn
Fawn

Huge Set!

Post by toughshed » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:59 pm

OK, not really, but this is more important.

Colorado recently enacted a shed antler season in the Gunnison area. A small but dedicated group is attempting to get this regulation repealed or at worst, modified so that shed antler enthusiasts are treated no different than any other user of the Public Lands that the regulation applies to.

This regulation was backed mainly by a group of citizens, ALL who are opposed to hunting and most uses of public lands that are owned by all of us. THEY WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THEY TAKE AWAY ALL YOUR RIGHTS TO ENJOY OUR PUBLIC LANDS! And once you can't use the lands, they'll be free to have the land to themselves...remember, they are locals and they don't want to be bothered by the other OWNERS of this land....ME AND YOU!

We NEED everyone to help fight this kind of takings! All it takes is a few mintues of your time and the cost of a stamp. Don't let this kind of thing happen in your State and don't think it can't because no where is immune to this kind of systematic, series of Rules and Regulations that will eventually make your best outdoor experience a trip to the local zoo!

A strong showing by the antler shed community will make a HUGE difference. All ballots received will be hand delivered personally by me to the Wildlife Commission.

Thank you!

Please cut and paste the text below, print, and date, sign, and send to

Taxpayers Fight Back
13356 Wild Basin Way
Broomfield CO 80020

P.S. If you want to add your own personal comments, please do so.

text follows....

To the Colorado Wildlife Commission:

Public lands are managed for multiple uses for the benefit of all Americans. As a

tax paying US citizen, it is my right to use these lands within the Rules as

established by the land management agency.

Please accept my objection to antler shed regulations on lands managed by the

Bureau of Land Management and the US Forest Service in the Gunnison Basin

region. The current regulation closing public lands to antler shed collection

between March 15 and May 15 each year unfairly places restrictions on one user

group without scientific basis or merit.

Furthermore, the closure to shed antler collection does nothing to protect the

Gunnison Sage Grouse since all other recreational uses of these lands are

allowed during the closure period.

Thank you for your consideration.

Signed ___________________ Date ____________

Name(print) ____________________

Address___________________

alpinbowman
Spike
Spike

Re: Huge Set!

Post by alpinbowman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:20 pm

I think the shed season are needed very badly. a lot of people are total morons when it comes to getting the sheds. the sheds will be there after the season opens. give the critters a break. Northern Utah has similar laws in the northern part of the state and I wish they would enact it statewide.

Oh and welcome to the forum::wel
alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:59 pm

think the shed season are needed very badly. a lot of people are total morons when it comes to getting the sheds. the sheds will be there after the season opens. give the critters a break
I agree especially with the harsh winter the Gunnison had.

If people would just leave the animals alone until later in the spring they could collect their sheds but to many people push these animals around during critical times stressing the animals so they can look for a antler.

I shed hunt too, but I do not see anyone taking your rights away to use public land just protecting the aniamls from Morons.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Avs man
Spike
Spike

Post by Avs man » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:45 pm

I like the idea of an Ethics coarse like Utah is doing if you want to shed hunt before a certain date, Face it there are going to be bad apples in every bunch that make it difficult for the rest of us.

You cant tell me people that are just hiking in the hills between Mar 15 and May 15 are not going to stop and pick up a shed antler if they see one either.

Isnt there already laws against harassing wildlife and wouldnt that do if a Game Warden seen people chasing deer and elk to try to make their antlers fall off why have 1000 ft more red tape to dig through, Thats whats wrong is they dont enforce the laws they have so they have to keep making new ones.
I spend Half my money on Huntin, The rest I just waste!

toughshed
Fawn
Fawn

Post by toughshed » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 pm

TheGreatwhitehunter wrote:
think the shed season are needed very badly. a lot of people are total morons when it comes to getting the sheds. the sheds will be there after the season opens. give the critters a break
I agree especially with the harsh winter the Gunnison had.

If people would just leave the animals alone until later in the spring they could collect their sheds but to many people push these animals around during critical times stressing the animals so they can look for a antler.

I shed hunt too, but I do not see anyone taking your rights away to use public land just protecting the aniamls from Morons.
What animals are you referring too? Deer are not stressed in April and May. Severe winter conditions are totally different. I and others support total closure to human activity during unusual winters. This law is every year and doesn't exclude ANY other user group of public lands.

Do your homework and then pm me if you want the real story.