Spot the Buck!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Ready
Spike
Spike

Spot the Buck!

Post by Ready » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:24 pm

Can you guys spot the buck? I had to downsize the picture so he should be easier to spot.

I have a few more if you you all like this one.

Dustin

Ready
Spike
Spike

Re: Spot the Buck!

Post by Ready » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:43 pm

Dang, the pic is so small he is way to easy to spot. So, pretend you have a LE tag for the Henrys and decide if he is a shooter.
:-k

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 am

He appears to be a good four point. As for being a Henries shooter I'd do some more watchin before I'd pull the trigger on him. I'd need to see his head turn. The forks don't appear to be as deep as I would wan't.

Now I would feel really dumb if this was somehow a live pic of your sportmans tag buck because that buck is awesome. Congrats on that by the way.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Ready
Spike
Spike

Post by Ready » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 am

I wouldn't call you dumb for that! HaHa! However, this wasn't Steph's buck. This was the kind of look Steph's buck gave us for three months - only over a mile away through a spotting scope!

This was a buck that we had seen on several occasions. I have other pics of him that are more out in the open, but this time he was right off the road, so I tried to get a few close ups. Just too thick!

Here are some more pics (not much better, but at least you can see parts of him).

So now what do you think?

I'll check back in tomorrow to see what you all thought on the score. It's past my bedtime!

Dustin

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 am

Looks like a good buck tall and pretty good mass. I do believe I'd shoot.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Wasatch Wonder
Spike
Spike

Post by Wasatch Wonder » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 am

Knowing that he's on the Henries, I'd have to say not a shooter. If it weren't on a LE hunt unit, definitely a shooter. Then again, I'm tainted now that I've seen what you guys shot!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Cool photos, like how he is hiding and thinks you can't see him. Wonder how many hunters actually miss a buck like this?

oddhntr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by oddhntr » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 pm

i don't see a white face in the first photo, but can see the gray body and the camera appears to be focused on horn

Thanks for the pics

Ready
Spike
Spike

Post by Ready » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:08 pm

This pic of him was taken on a different day, but he was out in the open. This deer was somewhat of a younger deer. We figured he had a 190" frame that was in the low 30's wide. He had lots of small extras that would put him over 200. He isn't a super tall buck, but he has good mass and I think next year he'll be a smoker! His character was great. Both of his main beams forked and his right side forked into three points - way cool. He had some other small extras to boot. I don't think you can see all that in the pic. I do have a ton of video of him though. He'll be amazing next year, IMO.

Dustin

Ready
Spike
Spike

Post by Ready » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:12 pm

BTW, in my opinion he is a deer that if you only had a little over a week to hunt, and you passed him up, you might regret it later. Next year, he'll be a shooter for sure!

Dustin