Deer Hunting the Henry Mountains – Utah

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
sewing
Spike
Spike

Re: Deer Hunting the Henry Mountains – Utah

Post by sewing » Mon May 17, 2010 11:47 am

a_bow_nut wrote:Yeah I have had a couple of people upset with me that I drew with nine points and they had fifteen and didn't draw. I'm big enough though that they don't try to get physical with me. My brothers friend drew a few years ago with just his application and no points. There's nothing wrong with a little luck now then. I think that it's cool that you got that tag because of the pictures and stories that you have shared with us.

Thank you.
Congratulations Bow Nut! I just live 30 min away from you. I would be glad to help you out if I can.

Dettom
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Dettom » Mon May 17, 2010 4:25 pm

I read your post a couple of times, hoping to learn something I might have missed the first time I read it. All the info you gave was information that would be helpful for every hunt. Fortunately for you, most guys aren't as diligent and won't got the extra mile to get a trophy like the one you got. That buck was the result of a lot of hard work.
Nice to see the success of a real hunt.

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Wed May 19, 2010 10:01 am

Very appreciative. I hope some day to draw that tag. Sounds like an adventure of a lifetime. Way to capitalize on your opportunity. 10sign:
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

Sako
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Sako » Wed May 19, 2010 7:11 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:Yeah I have had a couple of people upset with me that I drew with nine points and they had fifteen and didn't draw. I'm big enough though that they don't try to get physical with me. My brothers friend drew a few years ago with just his application and no points. There's nothing wrong with a little luck now then. I think that it's cool that you got that tag because of the pictures and stories that you have shared with us.

Thank you.
I am personally past that myself. I will be the last person drawn out of the current maximum pool. What tag did you draw? Archery?
I fixed a flat(on the mountain) for an old grandma from Loa that drew with ZERO POINTS!!! She drew on her first attempt. I was actually happy for her.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Thu May 20, 2010 11:24 pm

I actualy pulled a rabbit out of the hat and drew an any weapon tag. It's funny because I had allready convinced myself that next year I was going to start putting in for the muzzy hunt so that I wouldn't have to deal with so many people.

Who knew? (???)
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

muleytex
Fawn
Fawn

Post by muleytex » Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am

Nice deer. But more importantly it sounded like you had a great hunt. In my opinion a great hunt doesn't always end with a great deer. But this one did. Congrats. Very informative about the guides, ecspecially for a do-it-yourselfer.
We don't rent pigs

sewing
Spike
Spike

Post by sewing » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Taxi just emailed me. He will be ready to go on June 14th! ****banana

huntfishnv
2 point
2 point

Post by huntfishnv » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Wow, nice muley. You must have hunted hard for that one. :not-worthy
The Buck Stops Here

gcox98
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gcox98 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:20 am

I just found your post and glad I did. You did an amazing job and gave alot of great advise, Bravo! I've had some very limited hunts and enjoyed shareing and even took a couple hunters to show the area's I hunted. (I was trilled to be back in the areas and enjoyed following their hunts). Thanks for giving back. I am planning on taking a photo trip to the Henry's sometime soon and was looking for some tips on where I might begin, and your post will really help. My dad is in his late 60's and has grown out of hunting but always likes to go along on my hunting trips and glass the wildlife, I have to say it's begining to be my favorite part also. Thanks again, very classy.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:37 am

I bet this is one of the few time that you can't wait for Monday to get here. I know that it killed me the whole time that my antelope was off getting done.

That's another reason that I wanted to learn how to do taxidermy. One so that I wouldn't have to wait so long and two they never have to leave and go on an adventure.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.