Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
danspool
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by danspool » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:42 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm Dan from Arizona. I started hunting when I was about 12 years old in Oregon for deer with Archery. Moved to Southern California, then Alaska, back to California and now Phoenix area.
I took my first elk two years ago and am now hooked for life. My 19 year old son shares the same passion for the outdoors and hunting and I look forward to hunting muleys with him in Oct.
I prefer archery but hunt with a rifle as well when the opportunity presents itself.I'll be 40 this year and wish I hadn't missed the last 25 years of hunting. Grwing up in Oregon with a great father who loved the outdoors planted a seed in me that is at full blossom now. Although he didn't hunt, we were always hiking and camping and thus grew my love for nature. I guess I can thank my Uncle for taking me on my first bow hunt at age 12. It was an experience I will never forget.

sgshunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sgshunter » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:36 pm

I do most of my big game hunting with a bow - I predator call/hunt in the winter - usually with firearms....I am from Arizona a native and I ain't planning on leaving.....That's about it Thanks

wxhunternv
Fawn
Fawn

Post by wxhunternv » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 pm

I love anyplace where its wild, open, and unpopulated with homo sapiens, but populated with plenty of big bucks. I too am retired military and fairly new to the sport since I have only been hunting 5 years or so. Friends (yes I do have a couple) talked me into getting a buck tag and I have been hooked ever since. So far, I've hunted elk and deer in areas 6, 7, and 10 in Nevada. I'm looking forward my fall hunt in the Arc Dome area of the Toiyabe Range.

NWHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NWHunter » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello all,

I'm a northwest native and reside in NW Washington now. My father taught me how to fish but never carried on the hunting tradition my Grandfather laid down. It's been a desire of mine to hunt and a few years back I got my chance. An acquaintance of mine lost his partner and he invited me along to have him "show me the ropes" and let me provide some comic relief too I'm sure.

3 days in the field and I took a healthy 3x3 @ 150 yards. Missed an opportunity last year and I'm looking forward to getting out again this year. I'm always learning and will gladly lend a hand when I've got something worth while to share. :)

Adam

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 am

Welcome to the madness guys......look forwards to your posts.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Fulldraw
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Fulldraw » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm

My name is Mike. I am orginally from Minn. If i had to call a place home now it would be Ne. My job takes me all over the country. I am a crane operator by trade. I hunt whitetails, got into turkey hunting a couple of years ago. I use to be a fishing guide in Mn in my younger days. I am looking forward to expanding my opurtunities in hunting other animals. I hope i can be help to others even if its fishing we have to talk about. My passion is bow hunting. I swear i live just for that

grenda
Fawn
Fawn

Post by grenda » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:44 pm

20 yrs young...from Coeur d' Alene, Id. I hunt anything with a pulse. Have a huge passion for the outdoors and I shoot a .300RUM pushin a 168 berger vld.
-Big Buck Down!-

LCMCREV
Fawn
Fawn

Post by LCMCREV » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm glad I gound this forum and look forward to intelligent conversations with other hunters. I learned to hunt white tail deer with a bow back in Minnesota nearly 20 years ago and was fortunate to have venison in the freezer each winter for my family. I also hunt with traditional (primitive) muzzleloaders and centerfire rifles from time to time. I moved to New Mexico in 1998. All big game hunts here are done through a drawing without a point system, so I've had my share of disappointments in not being drawn for any hunts. This year I've been drawn for archery hunts for elk in Unit 9 and mule deer in Unit 13. My sons-in-law will be hunting with me. I wish everyone who will be hunting this fall nothing but success...and the making of good memories. If anyone is looking for advice on mule deer hunting in Unit 30, then let me know. I will be happy to share my experiences with you. I can also let you know about a sweet spot for spring turkey hunting where I took a nice tom this year. Thankfully, turkey licenses are available "over-the-counter" here in New Mexico.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson

ishootaiceman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ishootaiceman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:42 pm

im a 16 year old from west texas just getting into bowhunting have did some shotgunning all my life am going muledeer hunting for the first time this winter!!!!!!!!! cant wait :thumb (in unit 24 in new mexico anyone ever hunted this?

KYLLYR
Spike
Spike

Post by KYLLYR » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am from western Colorado (born and raised) and have hunted and fished all of my life. Really like the class acts on this site and the great info I have been reading through. :thumb Hopefully I can learn some and maybe even help some.