Monster Buck!!!!!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
rimrocknewt
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Monster Buck!!!!!!

Post by rimrocknewt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:38 pm

bigbuck92 wrote:Great buck...I also heard a few rumors but i'll keep them to myself.
WTH...don`t say that and run off..lol
well from what i see here its a beautiful,but like anything big there must be a conspiracy behind it..bet it was shot on the grassy knoll..eh lol

huntfishnv
2 point
2 point

Post by huntfishnv » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 pm

That deer is amazing! can anyone believe that mass? :not-worthy :not-worthy
The Buck Stops Here

For The Love of It
Spike
Spike

Post by For The Love of It » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Jason Carter is the owner of the Huntin Fool magazine out of Utah. Looking at this picture and the latest issue of Huntin Fool I would say thats not Jason Holding the deer. I'm not sure if its one of his friends or what the deal is. Any ways that is an awsome buck regadless.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Amazing buck!
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

BIGHILLHUNTER
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGHILLHUNTER » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Whether that is Jason or not, The story I've herd doesn't give any guide service a good rep :-k :>/

Envious of the West
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Envious of the West » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Good Lord that is a GIANT!! Has anyone heard the real story on this deer yet?
Thanks to all involved with this site, it is a great resource for hunting enthusiasts, both rookies and seasoned vet's!

tripleX
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tripleX » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Story that I heard, second hand, was that a local Beaver guy had found the buck and had been sitting on him waiting for the hunt. Don't know how this Carter guy and his 5-6 other homies found out about the buck, maybe it was luck, but they found the buck as they were flying their ultralights around that area a few days before the hunt. They then moved in on the buck opening mourning with his 5 spotters and found the buck. The Beaver Guy had also found the buck and was moving in on him at the same time as the Carter guy. Story goes that the Carter guy shot the buck in the guts, Beaver guy sees the buck and sets up for a 20 yard shot, Carter guy moves in and shoots the buck from 50 yards before the Beaver guy. Like I said this is second had from a person close to the Beaver guy. At some point there were words exchanged and the Carter guy and his homies forced the Beaver guy away and they took posession of the above pictured monter. the picture was sent out by someone close to the Beaver guy because the Carter guy didn't want it out so he could put it into his magazine.

The part that gets me is that the Carter Guy found the buck using some sort of aircraft - that doesn't seem to sporting as far as scouting goes, but I guess to each his own.......Take it for what it's worth.....nothing! :thumb

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm

tripleX wrote:Story that I heard, second hand, was that a local Beaver guy had found the buck and had been sitting on him waiting for the hunt. Don't know how this Carter guy and his 5-6 other homies found out about the buck, maybe it was luck, but they found the buck as they were flying their ultralights around that area a few days before the hunt. They then moved in on the buck opening mourning with his 5 spotters and found the buck. The Beaver Guy had also found the buck and was moving in on him at the same time as the Carter guy. Story goes that the Carter guy shot the buck in the guts, Beaver guy sees the buck and sets up for a 20 yard shot, Carter guy moves in and shoots the buck from 50 yards before the Beaver guy. Like I said this is second had from a person close to the Beaver guy. At some point there were words exchanged and the Carter guy and his homies forced the Beaver guy away and they took posession of the above pictured monter. the picture was sent out by someone close to the Beaver guy because the Carter guy didn't want it out so he could put it into his magazine.

The part that gets me is that the Carter Guy found the buck using some sort of aircraft - that doesn't seem to sporting as far as scouting goes, but I guess to each his own.......Take it for what it's worth.....nothing! :thumb
I really hate responses like this. You got to love gossip! :>/

Lets stick to the facts. :thumb
There's always next year

tripleX
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tripleX » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 am

ridgetop wrote:
tripleX wrote:Story that I heard, second hand, was that a local Beaver guy had found the buck and had been sitting on him waiting for the hunt. Don't know how this Carter guy and his 5-6 other homies found out about the buck, maybe it was luck, but they found the buck as they were flying their ultralights around that area a few days before the hunt. They then moved in on the buck opening mourning with his 5 spotters and found the buck. The Beaver Guy had also found the buck and was moving in on him at the same time as the Carter guy. Story goes that the Carter guy shot the buck in the guts, Beaver guy sees the buck and sets up for a 20 yard shot, Carter guy moves in and shoots the buck from 50 yards before the Beaver guy. Like I said this is second had from a person close to the Beaver guy. At some point there were words exchanged and the Carter guy and his homies forced the Beaver guy away and they took posession of the above pictured monter. the picture was sent out by someone close to the Beaver guy because the Carter guy didn't want it out so he could put it into his magazine.

I really hate responses like this. You got to love gossip! :>/

Lets stick to the facts. :thumb
With a buck like this you'll never get 100% truth , infact it's been 2 weeks since it was killed and I'd bet you couldn't get 50% truth! My info was at least 90% true when I recieved it. If anything it all makes for a good story, or controversy, how ever you see it. :thumb

Tysum
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Tysum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Wow, this looks bigger then the Houdini buck taken off the strip in 08 which scored 322. Take a look, what do you think?

http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/2008/ ... ona-strip/