Taxidermy?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Sniper1
Spike
Spike

Taxidermy?

Post by Sniper1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Im up in ogden utah and got a buck sittin in a freezer waitin to get to a taxidermist. Anbody got any suggestions? Im workin on pics just havin trouble re sizing them and uploading them. A solid 4 a little over 27 wide. Goes in around 170 - 180. Lots of mass and big deep forks. My first big game animal with a bow so i figure he better go on the wall. Pics will be up soon along with story but as for now any suggetsions?
Aim Small Miss Small

DR_DEATH
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Taxidermy?

Post by DR_DEATH » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 pm

You need to get the horns injected right away from the taxidermist if you want to preserve the velvet. Congrats on shooting a good buck. I can't wait to see the pics.

Here's one I shot a few years ago that I had mounted with velvet and turned out great.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Congrats on your buck. I'm excited to see pics. Hope this helps with posting some up soon.

1. Bring up your picture on your computer.

2. Right click on the picture and hit open with paint

3. Click on "image" on the upper tool bar

4. Then click on "resize/skew"

5. Different cameras require different sizes due to mega pixals and what not, start with 40% horizontal and 40% verticle. Save your photo with a new name and then upload it with the upload attachment button at the bottom of your post. Once you get the pic small enough it will upload and you'll be able to place the picture inline.

As far as the taxidermy goes, I've never done the velvet thing but Bohntr posted some good stuff about how to inject your antlers with a velvet tanning solution (search his posts). Either get to a taxidermist quick or get you some trufitt velvet tan and start flushing the veins.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

outn'bout
Fawn
Fawn

Post by outn'bout » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:01 pm

David Butts. believe it is called Dave's worldwide taxidermy. His shop is right by smith & edwards. If you can't find him look up northern comfort and he is right next to them. they do a awesome job but they ain't cheap, that usually how taxi work goes.

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Full Curl Taxidermy, located in Avon utah, a few miles north of you. heres the emails
Sales sales@fullcurltaxidermy.com
Hunt Info hunts@fullcurltaxidermy.com
Randy Stocker stocker@fullcurltaxidermy.com
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

shootinfool
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shootinfool » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:09 am

Cooks quality taxidermy.....they are in south weber so very near you and very fairly priced. His turn around time is excellent and he doesnt jerk you around either. Very good work and very good person to deal with. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to get a mount done. #801-695-1437. Call and check him out. If you want to see some of his work let me know and you can take a look at my stuff from him.

mossback300
Spike
Spike

Post by mossback300 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:25 am

Stephan @ Summit Taxidermy, Goes over the top for his customers, he does awesome work, for an awesome price. Let me know if you need pics of his work he has done all kinds of animals for me. fast turn-a-round time and is just STUD of a Taxidermist. His number is 435.400.2151.

Thanks Mossback300

sewing
Spike
Spike

Post by sewing » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 am

High Uintahs Taxidermy in Coalville, UT has always done a great job for us. Can't wait to see the pics.