MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
shredder4286
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by shredder4286 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 am

Howdy all, I'm stuck in the sandbox right now, but when I get back to the states, I'll be living in Colorado Springs, CO, and stationed at Ft Carson. I'm originally from northern Indiana, where the terrain is lots of corn fields and woods. All whitetails there. My outdoor interests are- hiking, hunting (although i haven't went since i was 12, wanting to go again!) shooting guns, fishing, and survival. I got married in washington state, and I fell in love with the mountains there. :thumb

randyb
Fawn
Fawn

Post by randyb » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Everyone -

New to forum but not hunting. Been hunting for nearly 33 yrs - Grew up in Nevada City, Calif and have hunted exclusively in the D3-5 and X7 zones most of my life. Have taken my share of meat bucks and a couple nice ones. 4 years ago I scored a nice 500lbs black bear that now rests at teh foot of our bed as a rug. I've been elk hunting seriously twice with an outifitter in Wyoming - love that area! - haven't scored my wallhanger yet as both times over 3 years its been warm & dry. I've also hunt regularly in Idaho near Salmon (seems to be an every other year event for me and my brother) and have hunted twice in Colorado for deer.

I think that's about it...just posted my 2010 5x5 Bull in the Elk thread...look forward to chatting with everyone in the near future!

Good hunting to all!

Randy

Mighty3
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mighty3 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:25 am

New to the board, but not to the site. been blessed to hunt from New Zealand to the yukon and South Africa and all across North America. Bagged my share of different critters, but have a serious bug for big mule deer........ Only thing that comes close is stalking the big bear. Wanted to say howdy and thanks for the great information. looking forward to sitting by the mule deer camp fire.
Mark AKA Mighty3

antleredquest
Fawn
Fawn

Post by antleredquest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Hey everybody, Im 25 years old and have gotten addicted to hunting in the last year or so. Im from arizona and currently going to school at ASU. I try to spend all my free time varmint hunting or outdoors doing something. Love camping and all that good stuff. Like I said im new to the game so any advice is welcomed. Hope to learn a lot from you all.

MTWillie
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MTWillie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Born and raised in Montana, wouldn't live anywhere else. Played college football. Love the outdoors, always have always will. I spend at least 50 days a year shooting (most of which my lady despises). While I am an avid hunter, I'm not a deer hunter, unfortunately for this site lol. I prefer elk hunting 1000x more. Nothing against deer, I just don't like the taste since I eat every single piece of meat that I harvest.
Elk Platform: Mod 70>7 RUM>4-16x50mm Dark Ops Scope
Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

jpersenaire
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jpersenaire » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello,
Avid whitetail bowhunter from Michigan.
Love to bowhunt Elk when I draw an out of state tag.
Hunt between 2 and 4 states every year, Illinois, Iowa, and so on.

Komelika
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Komelika » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 am

Hello, I found this site in my quest for information about mule deer. I have my first mule deer hunt in a couple of weeks. I'll be hunting with my F-in-L and a couple of his friends in New Mexico Unit 21. I am not an avid hunter. In fact, this is my second real hunt and I turn 37 next month. I went Elk hunting two years ago and loved every minute of it even though I didn't get an Elk. Just being out there is worth it to me so if I actually get a deer I know I will be hooked for life. I have a friend that hunts very regularly and has amassed an arsenal of hunting weapons and enough gear to start his own sporting goods store. He has given me a ton of information and is even lending me his 4 wheeler and all the gear I need including a range finder and a top of the line set of Nikon Binoculars. I will be hunting with my Savage 30-06 that I bought for the Elf hunt and my new 3x9 Pentax Gameseeker Scope. I've watched at least 2 hours of Mule Deer videos on youtube and have stared at google earth images of Unit 21 for another 2 hours. Anyway, that is why I am here. I hope to do well on my hunt and post pictures of my kill in a few weeks. If not, I will enjoy it anyway and I look forward to all the info I gain here.

o_O
Fawn
Fawn

Post by o_O » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi all,
I'm a Brit now living in Colorado Springs. Happiest in the mountains, hiking, climbing, fishing or hunting. Been here for a few years and started hunting last year with my Marlin Model 60 and Remington 870 Express. Learned a lot small game hunting, even though I came home empty handed in all but the last trip of the season. This year I've been out 5 times and not come home empty handed yet.

I was invited mule deer and elk hunting by a couple of mates who work for the DOW so jumped at the chance. Picked up a Marlin XL7 in 30-06 and a Nikon Buckmaster scope. I'll be heading out for 3rd rifle season (Nov 6th-14th) near Kremmling (28,37,18,371).

I have a PSE bow too but am no archer (yet). Hope to progress to it, possibly muzzle-loading too.

o_O
Fawn
Fawn

Post by o_O » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Komelika wrote:I will be hunting with my Savage 30-06 that I bought for the Elf hunt
So is elf good eating? lol

Komelika
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Komelika » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:08 pm

o_O wrote:
Komelika wrote:I will be hunting with my Savage 30-06 that I bought for the Elf hunt
So is elf good eating? lol

BAAAAHAAAAAA! Chewier than you would expect, but not bad! LOL

It was late...