8%
Remington
41%

Total votes: 37

FeRangerXXXV
Fawn
Fawn

Post by FeRangerXXXV » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:12 pm

Purchased Remington 700BDL SS in 7mm Remington SAUM. It did everything I needed it to do on Elk in the 2003 season.

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:43 am

Remington all the way, especially those old 700's made in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. They seem to be a little better'n the stuff they put out now, especially the fit, finish, and out of the box accuracy. That is not to say, however, that the higher-end stuff is not primo. I guess maybe the "Walmart" line gets a bit production-happy at the expense of overall quality. And I know we all like the new bolt lock 'n key device that keeps us safe. The older ones are definitely the way to go if you can get 'em.

One thing for sure, Remington's customer service has hit rock bottom. Used to be Remington (and most American gunmakers) could not do enough to take care of ANY problem you might have had with their product, regardless whose fault it was.

No more. Ruger is still fairly customer friendly, although not like they used to be. I don't know about Savage or Winchester....never owned one. I can say, however, having owned over 100 Remingtons during the past 35 years that they are not the company they used to be. Yeah, they have a slick website and cute marketing but their customer service reps are about like what falls out of the backside of a dog.

I still dream of there somehow being a pre-68 700 bull out there in 7mmSTW....... 8)
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

hunting1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hunting1 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:26 pm

Ruger :usa
Good shoot'n!

bacagrant
Fawn
Fawn

Rifle

Post by bacagrant » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:12 pm

As for me and my family we shoot Winchester. Then there is that old Ruger I forgot about it, and ya I just purchased a Rem. M-700 in 300 Ultra. But yes we shoot Winchesters , Thats right. Winchesters. My oldest daughter just turned down a new Rem M-700 because she knows I gonna die someday and she will get My old Pre-64 Featherweight in 30-06. She killed plenty of times with that Winchester. Yea Winchester!

Littlebuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Littlebuck » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:45 pm

I have a .45 Knight disc. Its a tack driver.

bacagrant
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bacagrant » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:01 pm

:-s A What?

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:53 pm

hey,
well i myself have two rifles, first i have a savage 30-06 bolt action. Savage puts out a nice gun and im pleased with it but in my heart an soul imma winchester nut lol. i was blessed enuff to get my grandpas 32 special lever action. it is an awesome gun an one day i'll be passin it on to my kids but as for now im chasin the big ole mulies with it. gotta lotta tags an alotta time to go huntin this yr so catch yall later.
Happy Trails

coyotentrails
Fawn
Fawn

Post by coyotentrails » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:43 am

Hello,
I am a new member to the sight, Watched a big muley this morning and thought I should learn more about the behavor, not only to see that rack through a scope..but maybe get close enough for a few good pics.
I was interested to see what cal. rifles people were happy with...did not see a 30-30 in the bunch...no laughing guys....I have had a 270 win. loved it, but sold it to a friend of mine, it was the only gun he could hit anything with.
I most always hunted thick bush...my trusty 30-30 win. was all I needed ?
till I moved to Moose country, and Muleys laughing at me from 300 yards.
With all the gun control crap going on up here in Canada..I decided to give the 30-30 a try. Well three moose and a half dozen muleys, l can say this gun can do the job... this gun has made me a better hunter...because I will not take the shot if it is over 200 yards. Yes my 270 is on my christmas wish list...but the time I have spent learning to stalk with my pea shooter, is invaluable to me.

jester1975
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jester1975 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:52 am

I like winchester myself used a model 70 chambered in .243 for a long time and took some nice bucks in 2000 i bought a model 70 chambered in .300 weatherby ive taken a few nice bucks with it also

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:47 pm

Hey, where's the choice for a Hoyt Compound bow? Can't a hardcore bowhunter get any love around here? :arrow Oh.....I guess Brett has given us a whole section here at MuleyMadness. Sorry guys, just didn't want to feel left out. :thumb

BOHNTR )))--------------->