Need Help with Scope

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Re: Need Help with Scope

Post by Tonoonyi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 pm

In my opinion you will never get 9" of bullet swing from one shot to the next with fouling. It may start to wander a little and have the groups open up some but I would tell you there is something wrong with the optics.
I have had a scope jump for no apparent reason and then stay for a couple of years but it usually comes back to the scope just giving up.
If the mounts are all tight and loctited down, that scope and 06 should print 1.5 inch groups for the next 1000 rounds. :-k
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

harvey
Spike
Spike

Post by harvey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:32 pm

I am definately in the market for a new scope. I am either going to go with a Nikon or Leopold vx11, If the Nikon I purchased a Nikon Monarch 4x16x50 for my father. Really nice. A lot more scope then the gun warrants though. But it is real nice. I have the rifle all cleaned up but I just don't believe the tolerances on that semi-auto are tight enough to have caused a drop like that due to fouling? Not saying I didn't wait a little to long in between cleanings too though.

harvey
Spike
Spike

Post by harvey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Ok well now I have a new Nikon Monarch to sight in. Hopefully it does as well as my Dad's. That is what I got for him and when I look through it, it is amazing compared to the cheap bushnell I had. I am hoping to get the scope sighted in next week. Then I will have time for one more trip to the range, or back yard before we go. If I can keep hitting 1.5 groups at 100 yds. I should be fine out to 200 or 250 huh? I am going to sight in for about 2 inches high at a hundred.