Why so down on general hunts?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
swbuckmaster
2 point
2 point

Re: Why so down on general hunts?

Post by swbuckmaster » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:23 pm

im not point my finger at anyone on this thread or blaming them. I'm just stating the facts that archery only areas can offer thousands of tags and long seasons and it doesn't impact the deer like everyone says. You would have to be blind to see this. Everyone says archers only wound deer or wound 3 deer to every one they tag. This is simply not true! if it was true the front would suck and it wouldn't be one of the best places in Utah to hunt.

I am also not wanting to shut the rifle hunt down. I am just saying there should be a spot like the front in all corners of the state. This way people could have the chance to hunt LE quality every year if they would just pick up a freaking bow. Maybe people could make areas LE rifle and over the counter bow. this way if you still want to hunt every year you still have the chance. I grantee you over the counter tags are gone after this year and it will probable be LE state wide with chances of drawing a buck tag every 5 years or more once SFW get a hold of the tags.

waynedevore

Re: Why so down on general hunts?

Post by waynedevore » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:21 am

That's what Montana does with the vast Missouri Breaks country. Lots of archery permits for deer and elk with a long season. Few gun permits. Elk and deer numbers are managed for archery. Makes for lots of opportunity, lot of hunter days.