utah proposed shed hunting change

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
JBird
Monster
Monster

Re: utah proposed shed hunting change

Post by JBird » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:32 pm

I think its a good idea. But it wil need to be enforced otherwise it won't make a difference.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:08 pm

JBird wrote:I think its a good idea. But it wil need to be enforced otherwise it won't make a difference.
Jbird-
Thanks a ton for the positive quote, you bring a good point to the forum.
One of the other "issues" that was talked about when we were drafting this proposal was the law enforcement, and it WILL get tighter and more strict.
Being in the shed business, i told the committee that the fines are much lower than the cost of a descent set of sheds. They agreed and fines are going up significantly.
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:52 pm

it WILL get tighter and more strict.
Being in the shed business, i told the committee that the fines are much lower than the cost of a descent set of sheds. They agreed and fines are going up significantly.
Sounds fine to me. :thumb

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Doug i tried to call you earlier today but you didnt pick up. Call me or text me sometime though to keep me updated.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:34 pm

skull krazy wrote:Ox-
I'm terribly sorry that you have to take 20 minutes out of your presious time to take a course that may "educate" you a little bit and help protect YOUR resource.
Keep in mind that you have been getting a "freebie" on being able to collect these sheds.
You have to obtain a permit for taking ANY "wildlife or their parts"....as stated in the proclomation...........Antlers are "parts".

Freebie??? if its layin on the ground it is no longer part of that deer.. thats why it is illegal to pick up skulls because it could have been poached...obviously sheds are not from poached deer so thats why its free. if you feel like you should pay to shed hunt send in a donation for shed hunting dont bring the fee to us.

anyway im glad we have individuals that care enough to work hard to come up with plans to help, but i just disagree having to have a certificate to hunt sheds. It wont be long before they decide to charge for the course or permit. it gives them an open door invitation to charge us for something that should be free! that is why i disagree! i do agree some people do tear stuff up with there four wheelers. i dont care if four wheelers are not allowed off the road to shed hunt. however they should not be banned fully we often use our four wheelers for ranching purposes. and its faster and easier and more efficient to use them. we dont peel out or ruin things when we drive em off road.
i think anyone that thinks this is the solution to greatly improve the herd is nuts its like shooting a bb gun at a grizzly bear. the real problem lies in mis managed range. the blm and state needs to allow wildfires to burn that have no threat to immediate structures. the price to fight these fires is astronomical! they could rebuild a lot of houses for the prcie they spend to save one!and that money they dont spend could go to improving the range! now if a whole community is in danger than yes i agree, but often times ouut near us they put out a lightning stikethat will do more good than harm with a entire crew of fire fighters there are no residencies even close to these fires im talking 50 miles in all direction or more! the amount of feed that will come from these burns is tremendous! and the money that is saved letting these fires burn, can go to flying seed over these burns and spiking juniper and sage brush stands!! back in the seventies when the fires burned, the junipers where not so overcrowding the deer herd up there was awesome! now days if you see a deer you are doing great! seriously! ive spent a lot of time on horseback up there and i literally have seen 8-10 deer in the last 7 years. the junipers are so thick and so over populated nothing can grow, and where they are thick and plentiful not only does it do that but alot of the watershed is lost to the junipers, they suck up so much water its sick! there for no water or sun to grass and other feed and, less water to natural springs and such.

anyway enough said about this thread! and thanks for having a voice to help! o and ya it is difficult for me to obtain the course because i dont have the net i only can get on every couple weeks when i come to my paretns house.i oftne dont have a lot of time on the net because i am at the ranch, and i know a lot of people that dont have the net that will have a problem as well. its just a huge inconvience for a very little gain! and if this proposal goes through than hopefully i am wrong and it benefits greatly and not just an invitaion to charge us to shed hunt.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:08 am

Ox-
Thank the people causing this, don't publicly crucify us that are trying to save YOUR sport, it makes you look guilty of some of these issues.

And yes Ox....the "antlers that are lying on the ground" are STILL, and i quote, "BIG GAME ANIMALS OR THEIR PARTS".
If you don't want to beleive me on this, get caught picking one up within the designated dates outlined in the forthcoming proclomation without your proof of your educational course and see what happens.
And if you don't abide by these laws (like all laws) you'll be guilty of making them even tighter in the future.

NOONE is trying to punish you Ox, we are only trying to educate the enthusiests who participate in the sport of shed hunting to be aware of the possible damage you CAN cause during this time of year by neglegence.
Open your mind a little.
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:17 pm

skull krazy wrote:Thank the people causing this, don't publicly crucify us that are trying to save YOUR sport, it makes you look guilty of some of these issues.
First off you dont even know me!so dont make that judgmental ridiculous claim!!!!!im not guilty i follow the rules!!!! and if that is crucifying you , it looks to me you are crucify me for expressing my opinion !
trying to save our sport? sounds like giving them an open door invite to charge us in the future to do a sport that is free!so saving? hardly!the next person to come along is gonna say hey look we can change this rule a bit and charge them for this and make more money .... im a very law abiding person...thats why this ticks me off! i already thanked you for making an effort to help but you just continue to be an A**!!!!! im sorry not everyone supports your idea get over it, alot of people are not going too!! i have my opinion and i expressed it!

SEcond! they are no longer part of that animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they were still connected to that animal thats different, hence the no picking up skulls! these are naturally fallen off antlers that dont belong to that deer or elk anymore!!!!!
the bg animals or there parts law is to protect from poaching not picking up their antlers that have naturally fallen off, and ya maybe you can find a skull that the animal died of natural causes but you cant prove that like you can a shed!

And i dont know if the people on this site actually do agree or are just too nice to disagree since your a good guy and they like ya. i wonder what they would say if the writers of this were not mm members.
ive talked to a lot of people around here about this and they are as ticked off as me! its just not right to need a permit for shed hunting.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Ox-
Do your homework before fighting me, your only looking like a fool.
Nuf said. :>/
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:40 pm

there ya go bein an a** AGAIN! the onyl homewrok i didnt do is realizing your as thick headed as i am.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Are you having fun calling me names on the forum to make yourself look tough or something?
Get over yourself Ox, it's a law starting in '09, like it or not.
You drew first blood pal....not me.

And BTW....YOU are the only person on at least 4 different forums that is acting this way about this topic.

Go ahead, fight the new change and dispute it all you want, that's your choice and you can live with the consequences if you get caught.

It blows my mind that you are being so anal about taking a 20 minute online course.
No computer? looks to me like you have access to one....

I don't like having to take time out of MY day to go to the DMV to renew my DL and take a LONG driving test when i have been driving for 27 years.......but i do.

It's a FREE ethics and habitat destruction course for heavens sake, go learn something you MAY or may NOT already know!!!
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"