2009 deer hunt

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Jeff
2 point
2 point

Re: 2009 deer hunt

Post by Jeff » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 am

The whole way home, when he wasnt sleeping, he asked about hunter safety and what kind of rifle we should get him. I think he's hooked. Sad part is he lives with his mom and I'm at her mercy, she wasn't going to let him go this time because "people get shot deer hunting". He was a little worried about that, until I told him more people get shot in SLC in a week than while deer hunting.

heshen
2 point
2 point

Re: 2009 deer hunt

Post by heshen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:39 am

Way to go Jeff =D> , just try to keep him excited about the outdoors and hunting and he will take care of the "mom" situation Im sure. Kids are really persistent when they want something bad enough. My favorite hunt is archery hunt and this year I took my girlfriend out a lot and only took my bow out once. It was her first time hunting and she got a nice 4-point for her first deer ever. She even wrote a story about it for her college class. Ill have to post it up on here sometime. The excitement and fun she had on the hunt made it one of my best hunts ever. Now shes already talking about going and scouting her own deer next year and picking one out shes gonna go after.. Shes also bugging me about gettin her a new bow, but Id say thats a good problem to have. lol