MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Bigd7400
Spike
Spike

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by Bigd7400 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello everyone. I am glad to be a part of such a great forum. My name is Damian, Im a native of SW Virginia. I have yet to make my way out West for a hunt, but I am planning on an Antelope/Mule deer combo in WY next fall. I have been huntin' all my life in the hills and hollers of VA. Im a diehard whitetail and turkey guy but Ive got a feelin that after one hunt out west that will change a lil. If Im not huntin or getting ready to hunt then Im thinkin about it.
Dreaming of tall tines a straight shots.

smatheson
Fawn
Fawn

Post by smatheson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey Fellow Hunters!

I'm a Utah man, living in Northern Utah up near the Uintah Mountains.

I generally hunt the general rifle hunt in Southern Utah, until the draw became so tight, now it's every 2-3 years I draw for Southern and the other years whatever area I end up with. :)

I've done a few years of the Muzzleloader here in UT with little luck. I'm here primarily to see what advice everyone has to offer on the Central Region for the general rifle this year, but would be more than willing to provide feedback where I can that will hopefully help some of you all out as well.

If you happen to know a thing or two about the Central Region please find my post in the MuleyMadness forum and help me out.

Thanks!
-Shawn

Poorshot
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Poorshot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 am

After lurking around here for a bit, I've decided it's finally time to pony up and introduce myself. I've been a waterfowler for about 8 years now, and am just getting into big game. I managed to do so by drawing out a limited entry bull tag with zero points for the 2010 late hunt in North Cache. I've been cussed at over this, and I still can't really believe that the lottery worked for me this time around. So, hopefully, my first animal bigger than a goose will be a nice bull.
Any info that you want to share about this late hunt will be appreciated so much! Thanks in advance...It should make for a fun story, if nothing else.

I'm a lawyer and father of 5 awesome kids (2 boys and 3 girls). Frankly, I thought big game would be a good route to create father/son time with my boys. Right now they're 7 and 9, so I have a little time to get to learn this sport better before I take them out. That's why I'm here - there's a wealth of knowledge here, and I really appreciate being able to read your opinions, etc. It's been a lot of help.

So, that's me...

Dave

baseballness21
Fawn
Fawn

Post by baseballness21 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 am

I grew up hunting mostly pheasants, ducks, geese, partridge, grouse, and whitetail deer in ND. More recently I have added Muley's to my list. If I can't hunt you can generally find me fishing for walleyes.

ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Post by ARCHER11 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Hey guys! my name is Robby White im from South Jordan Utah but i live in Rexburg, ID at the moment! I love bowhunting, especially the wasatch front! I rifle hunted for one year and decided the crowds and cold weather werent for me so i bought myself a bow. Ive been bowhunting for 5 years now and cant get enough of it! I even deal with the cold weather now as long as i have a bow in hand haha. Love the forum! Thanks to everyone who keeps it up and running!
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

jclaws
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jclaws » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:10 am

My name is joe,just thought i would post up.I live in se Iowa.Been mulie huntin a few times and i am hooked.I love spot and stalk mulie hunting.
The harder i try,the luckier i am.

kchesley
Spike
Spike

Post by kchesley » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello. I was born and raised in North western Utah (Dugway Proving Grounds) on an army base. Married and lived on Hill AFB for 3 years (Wife is in the Air Force). We have 3 beautiful children ages 14, 10 and 6. I grew up hunting everything from chukar, dove, geese, duck, sage grouse, deer and elk. I really enjoy hiking into the mountains as I am not a road hunter by no means. I have yet to harvest an elk so I'm hoping 2010 will be the year. The Air Force moved us away from Utah from 2006 to 2009 so it is good to be home although I am in southern Utah now and reside in Hurricane right below Sand Hollow Reservoir. Life is good.

trevore
Fawn
Fawn

Post by trevore » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Hey all, new to this site. I'm from Texas and love to get on here and look at all the pics of some real scenery. Been bowhunting for 12 yrs now and pretty much refuse to pick up a bang stick. Really enjoy the back country stuff and always looking for more opportunity to get into the mountains.

Trevor

pistelme
Spike
Spike

Post by pistelme » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Matt and I'm in the USAF. I hunt what ever I can when ever I can. I'm originally from FL and have lived in NM for almost 3 years. I was a big fisherman until I moved out here so hunting has taken over. Other than hunting and fishing, I just enjoy being in the woods/mountains and camping with my wife and kids.

Milesaway
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Milesaway » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Just finally signed up. Live in SLC, teach photography in Draper and am originally from MN. I sure miss eating whitetails. Archery elk hunted the Cache areas while in grad school, but focus more on the Wasatch.