MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
bearbroadhead2005
Fawn
Fawn

die hard oregon bow hunter

Post by bearbroadhead2005 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:33 pm

heyhey im a die hard bow hunter from oregon me and my good ol'martin bengal never go unscaved when we r in the woods lol mule deer is my main hunt i look foward to all year but every now and then i will try and get a good bull elk in the eastern oregon region. i usto do allot of archery tournments when i was younger i got 2nd place in the state of oregon won 2nd place in the tripple crown and was in obh magizine lol those days r over tho.. my dad was my partner and he dont shoot much ne more. but ill still hit up the local archery club when they put on a shoot you know how it is gotta show some support 2 the locals. well ne ways im ramblin on hope to meet new people and swap lies aka huntin stories cuz i gots lots of pics an storys to boot

Bigbuck
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by Bigbuck » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Howdy! I am a long time member of another forum and honestly never even looked at this forum until recently...and to say the least I am impressed! I love to see a rifle hunting section. Although I believe we are all fellow hunters and I like to read all the hunting sections. I am a mule deer fanatic from Northern Utah. I started Elk hunting 5 years ago due to the fact I hunt deer where the elk hang out and I was always doing preseason scouting for deer and thought why not buy an elk tag I may get lucky. I have harvested only one elk...hopefully 2 as of next week! I have harvested more than 10 Muleys...mostly tasty ones lol . I was raised deer hunting my whole life with uncles grandpa's brothers cousins ...you name it. My family was mostly rifle hunters and rifle hunting is my passion. I am one of those lucky fellers who's hunting partner is his wife and I love it! She is really into it which makes hunting even that much better. She also holds the coveted Vernon rifle tag for 2010!! We are DIY hunters and aren't afraid to put the miles on our boots rather than our tires! Happy hunting season!!! Hopefully I will have lots of stories to post.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:54 am

Welcome aboard guys!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

NewMexhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NewMexhunter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:06 am

Hey guys I'm new here My name is Paul from Santa Fe, New Mexico I found this site a few years back but didn't know it had a forum till recently. It's nice to find a forum with lots of great people who enjoy hunting as much as I do. I served in the U.S. Navy and got out in 2008 and moved back to NM. I 've been hunting for 17 years now and have taken a handfull of deer and 1 elk. Between the Navy and not being able to draw for a hunt for a while I have not been able to do as much hunting as I would have liked to but I guess thats life. I finally drew a tag this year for Nov lets see how that goes. Good luck to everyone who has a hunt coming up and thanks for letting me introduce myself.

ropintime
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ropintime » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:24 am

I live and work in unit 2 in northern new mexico. i havent had much success at drawing tags for this unit though and therefore do most of my deer and elk hunting in southern colorado. unit 2 is a tough unit but has some great bucks, and i feel forunate to work where i get to watch them all winter.

NewMexhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NewMexhunter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 pm

That area is nice I've been there a couple times with my brother who had a hunt there long time ago didn't get nothing didn't see nothing either. My buddies hunted there in Jan last year for bow and took 2 good bucks.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:31 am

::wel to the Madness guys
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

ropintime
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ropintime » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:53 am

the january hunt is usualy the best, alot of deer migrate here after it snows in the mountains.

C_Carr316
Fawn
Fawn

Post by C_Carr316 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:10 pm

New to the site - Hello all!

Chris - live about 35 miles out outside of Philly, but man do you guys have some landscape and game out your way!!!!! I have always wanted to take a muley and/or elk!

Married - 2 kids, 3rd on the way. Just started taping my own hunting adventures - posted in the Muley General forum - username = C_Carr316

Thanks for having me!

HoffDawg
Fawn
Fawn

Post by HoffDawg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:06 pm

I am finally getting back into hunting. I am a Wyoming resident. I am in the Army, so right now I am living in Texas. I am looking to get into Antelope hunting and Mule Deer. Got my first Muley last Oct in Wyoming. Wasn't big, but put meat in the freezer.