MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
DeerTracker
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by DeerTracker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:09 am

Born into a diehard hunting family. Great grandparents went all over the world hunting. They killed everything from polar bears to leopards, tigers, sloth bears, barking deer, etc. Killed my first Mulie buck when I was 12 years old, first time carrying a rifle myself with a tag in my pocket. Killed it on opening morning and was back in time first church at 11am! It was a 6x7. Im from Choteau, MT and going to school in Missoula.
Keep the wind in your face, hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean.

Der Aulte Jaeger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Der Aulte Jaeger » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:43 pm

I've been hunting since the early 50s mol, and just a few years back got my first Muley. Since then I've shot a couple more but truthfull they were shot for meat more than trophy. The past few years, I've gained an appreciation of how hard a really nice Buck is to harvest in most cases and the challenge has turned me toward looking for an older more mature buck with a nice rack. There's a place reserved on the wall here for such a buck between two really nice Whitetails shot in Maine and Washington during my younger USAF days. Now retired I'm in Rock River, Wyoming and do a lot of fishing and hunting barring health or other problems. Hope to meet a few of you from the forum here and certainly look forward to the discussions. :thumb

Favorite things I love to hate, :>/ "hot buttons" include "land locked public land," and the USFS barring access to perfectly good, seldom maintained roads as if they don't know the average age of the population is getting older with more physical inabilites! Last is the high cost of hunting licenses while too many fish and game departments are turning into primarily paper pushers who do little worthwhile to conserve or manage wildlife. In todays climate with cost of living climbing, wages not keeping pace, and economic problems wrecking homes, etc--the last thing we need is higher priced tags, added stamps, etc etc Wyoming F&G listen up!

Other hot buttons, or kudos 10sign: are the use of physical indicators to age Mule Deer similar to what has been going on with Whitetails for along time now. Another set of interests are ballistics, bullets and low recoil weapons and loads. I love stalking and tracking deer with still hunting a close third and as my name suggests I've a bit of German heritage with family names including the Jaegers as well as another hunter of sorts, Rommel. I hunt with an 06 carbine and look forward to this site and the members here. I'll read through this string ten to twenty at a time till I meet you all as best can on the net.
der Aulte "Jäger"
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved!"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

mudford
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mudford » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I am an avid whitetail bowhunter from Michigan. I have bowhunted every year since I have been 12. I also rifle hunt whitetail, and rabbit and squirrel hunt. I have a cousin who moved out to Casper a few years ago. He has been telling me about the great hunting around him. I decided to go and try mule deer hunting this year(with a rifle). I love bow hunting, but for my first trip, not knowing what to expect I decided rifle hunting would be better. This was a big deal to me. I knew with my work it would mean giving up bow season this year. The trip was totally worth it. Even if I hadn't shot a nice buck I would think that. I don't know when I'll have the time and money to do it again, but I hope to again soon. The hunting technique was completely different than what I am used to. I wish I would have found this site before I went. I am sure I would have been able to learn from the experts here lots of things that would have helped my hunting. I am eager to learn as much as I can before I go back.

kdillon0101
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kdillon0101 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:02 am

Hi all,

My name is Ken and I live in Bozeman Montana. I am looking to meet people with the same interests as well as expanding my knowledge of all things hunting. I have 3 sucessful years of hunting so far to be proud of. I enjoy the outdoors for all that Montana offers, great fishing, hunting, clean air and the peacefulness of being away from people. I am more than willing to help any of the forum members for what they may need. I will do my best to give accurate info as well as not try to ask the same question repeadiatly. I am greatful for forums like this since my father has helped me a few years of hunting and my friends don't seem to have the income nor interest in hunting with me much. Thanks for taking the second to see who I am I look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Ken Dillon from Bozeman MT

shmobag
Spike
Spike

Post by shmobag » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi, Im Jeremy from Emmett, Idaho. Currently enlisted in the USAF stationed at Hill AFB in Utah and 19 years old. I had an amazing second year of hunting this year (2010). only killed a small 2x4 in grangeville, idaho but the memories were awesome. Im getting ready to head out the door to Afghanistan as an EOD tech. Mule deer hunting and elk hunting is where i find happiness. i dont have much experience but in the off chance that i have knowlegde someone else is in need of i will happily help wherever i can. thanks for taking the time to get to know me a bit and i hope to get to know all of you.

Jeremy
There are few problems that cant be solved with the proper application of high explosives.

bh107
Spike
Spike

Post by bh107 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:01 pm

My name is Ben and I'm from San Diego, CA. I'm 28 and I've been hunting my entire life. I was 14 when I went on my first Mule Deer hunt in Colorado, and we go as often as we can. I dove and pheasant hunt in the fall when I have time. I don't hunt deer locally, I enjoy hunting away from home. Unfortunately I don't have as much time to hunt as I wish I did, the rest of my life keeps me pretty busy. I work in the aftermarket automotive industry, and my company builds suspension components for cars and trucks, mostly off road applications. I also work in the professional motocross industry, and travel most weekends in the spring and summer for that.

WannabeBowHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by WannabeBowHunter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 pm

My name is Asa and I am new to the site. I grew up in a hunting family, but by the time I was old enough to hunt my brothers and dad had left the house. I didn't have anyone to go with. Last year a guy I work with invited me to go hunting with him and his family. I joined and got hooked.
I have still to put down my first deer. Hopefully I will be able to get it done on the extended.

jarheadhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jarheadhunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Hello there everyone this is my first post to the forum. I hope that I can be as much to most of you as I know you will be for me. I live in UT with my wife Rashelle. We have been married for 6 yrs and have no kids yet. :)) I kind of like it that way because then I get to buy my new toys like the new Swarovski EL's that I just bought last week :thumb . I love everything about the outdoors. I like to hunt, camp, fish and just get out and hike around. This time of year I am usually out taking pics of rutting deer or wintering elk. I also get out and do a lot of coyote hunting and am always looking for new people to go with me so let me know if you want to go. I know a few good places to go and I have all the calls mouth & e-callers to go with. Anyways its great to be on here and I am always down for going out on the weekends Fri, Sat & Sun (Govt Worker) to do whatever. So if you need help on a hunt or whatever let me know.

Josh
jarhead

I'd rather be hunting!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:52 am

Welcome aboard guys......look forward to your posts!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

CK1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by CK1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:28 pm

I am a 5th generation Coloradan. I have lived in SW CO for most of my life. This is an area that has historically produced some monster bucks, including the Burris Buck. My avatar is a pic of a buck my great great grandfather took in the White River area. I love to hunt big game, mostly archery but have picked up the trusty old 270 a few times lately.