Anyone out there?????

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Anyone out there?????

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:00 am

thank god hunting season is just around the corner, seems everyone around here have run out of things to talk about. i guess that is a good thing though, i mean if you check out any other hunting websites seems the only things they can talk about is USO and the presedential elections. not that those things should be played down in any way, but for crying out loud, it is almost hunting season, you would think there are better things to talk about than that. actually for some people hunting season is already here, did any of you guys see the bighorn sheep that was taken in colorado, suppose to be like 3rd in the world, or something. and also, my hunting buddy and i went out and checked out our bear hunting spot to see if there had been any action in the general area and i must say, things look good this season.
\:D/
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

MuleyHntr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MuleyHntr » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:58 pm

WYMULEYMAN I agree with everything your saying, seems alittle quiet around here. Where did you hear about the sheep? Just curious being from Co.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:21 pm

Sorry guys, Uncle Sam had me away from a computer for a bit. Check out this story.....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... eer_attack

razorbackbowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by razorbackbowhunter » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:57 pm

I was wondering where everyone had gone, it has been real quiet around here and your right about the uso story that all everone want to talk about , I myself have had my fill of that subject. AS for the story about the buck attack i would be out of luck if my only hope of escape depended on how clean my truck was lol.

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 am

i was on another website, monstermuleys.com when i heard about the sheep. it was killed by a guy named cotty hayes on august 8th. it doesn't say where he got it but the green score was 184 6/8. 3rd in the state of colorado and possibly 4th in the world.
hey agchawk, although we as humans are pretty excited about hunting season being just around the corner, i think that deer is not amused or excited about hunting season one bit. it is crazy what some animals will do.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:50 am

I guess this is what they refer to as the "dog days of summer". It was 116 with humidity at my place yesterday. Makes it tough when you're out trying to shoot some arrows. 8-[

I've all but worn out my topo maps, scouring over some new areas I'm going to try out this year. I'm just counting down the days until I can get into some cooler country (September 1st) and hopefully some monster muleys.

I guess I could just post some more to pass the time. Who knows, maybe I'll make 4-point status soon. :thumb

BOHNTR )))--------------->

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:24 am

Hey BOHNTR,
it's been awhile since we have heard from you. trying to spend the days as useful as possible, hard to do with drawing a special deer tag for wyoming. i thought the past years have been hard, they didn't compare to this year. ](*,) it has been pretty warm up here in the north country of wyoming the past few weeks, not 116 with humidity mind you, but hot none the less for wyoming. i still think this year is going to be killer for the animals though. i have been trying to spend some time outdoors and the animals look real healthy and big this year. wyoming saw its fair share of moisture this season.

anyways, like i said, trying to spend the days as useful as possible, like spending money to get ready for hunting, getting new camo, going to try out some camo from predator camo this year and my truck is done for this year, she finally blew the tranny, so i will be hunting deer with the old man this year, it has been five years since i have hunted with him and since he drew the same area, i figured i would go back to my roots for this season. he always was my favorite hunting partner. not happy that my truck is dead, mostly because i can't afford to get one before hunting season, but i am planning on getting one before spring bear season.

planning a two week trip back home, southern wyoming, the third and fouth week of october to hunt deer. can't wait to see the success of some of the folks around the madness, and i will be sure to supply plenty of photos from my deer hunt.

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:33 pm

Hey, fellers:

I'm still down here in Ar-kin-saw looking in from time to time. AGCHAWK, I'm still waiting for "The History and Distribution of Mule Deer" report you promised =D>

I too have worn holes in my topos pouring over the details of my honey hole up by Thermop. My local scout was over there last week and Louie-Grande is still there....along with some of his buds.

Cooler weather (80s high/50s low) prevail here, at least for a few days. Subsequently, I have rubbed all the varnish off the bed posts and ruined the carpet where I made several scrapes !! The wifey is ready for some season to open so I can go trackin' and trailin'.............she used to worry about me trailin' them 2-legged deer but she ain't got nothing to be concerned about nowadays.

Heck, who wants to waste time and money on wild women when we've all got treks to make and big muleys to chase !! 8-[

Let 'er eat and make 'em leak.
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:54 am

wyomingtrophyhunter. I'm compiling my stats now. Like I stated earlier, Uncle Sam had me away for a bit....Military life is like that. Sure screws up my plans now and again but I love it anyway. I had to cancel my Black-tail hunt here in CA (DAMNIT). Now I'm scrabbling to find a suitable alternative with not much luck this late in the game. I also haven't been able to do any of my Mule deer scouting thus far. Luckily my brother is self employeed and takes care of most of that for me. He'll have the deer spotted for me, it's just up to me to get home for the season.
I AM going to do a bit more pig hunting this month and next just to keep the blood flowing. I'm still a little sore that I had to cancel my Black-tail plans. They sure ain't mulies but they are fun to hunt!

ironranger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ironranger » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:09 pm

I know that I've been busy getting things done around home so I'm ready to go once September rolls around. The more I talk about hunting this fall the more I get all wound up. It helps that it's been a cool summer around here with highs lately in the low to mid 70's. While most are whining about it I'm happy as like it cold...probably because it reminds me of hunting season!! I can't wait for fall and am hoping for continuation of cool temps.