WY Region D

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
westTXhunter
Fawn
Fawn

WY Region D

Post by westTXhunter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:09 am

I'm a first time out of state mule deer hunter and needed some help on what part of region D has been the most productive.
Last edited by westTXhunter on Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hiker

Re: WY Region D

Post by Hiker » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:27 am

westTXhunter wrote:I'm a first time out of state mule deer hunter and needed some help on what part of region D has been the most productive.
westTXhunter, ::wel to MuleyMadness!

The Saratoga area seems to be pretty good.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:45 pm

Thats a good question, that I wish I had the right answer for. the best answer is privite land late in the season. however I can say the larger bucks will head for dark, nasty or out off the way places as soon as the archers hit the hills the 1st part of Sep. now if they don't get pushed to hard they will stay well hidden until the pressure picks up during the 1st week of Oct. during deer season.
This is the 1st year in a long time they have a late season Oct 15-31 type 2 lic for the Saratoga Valley.
I spent 2 days on a boat in Mexico with the ex Biologist superviser for that area. he said that they had 38 buck per 100 does in that area after the hunting season. that why the open the late limited quota hunt all I can tell ya is to start high and work your way down.
I know my spellings bad!