Attention all UT Muzzleloaders!!! Bad News

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
wounded_w
Fawn
Fawn

Attention all UT Muzzleloaders!!! Bad News

Post by wounded_w » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Your Muzzleload hunts are about to change for the worse(IMO).Check out the home page for the UDWR. under news, Big game changes for 2011. The muzzleload will be after the 1st of 2 rifle hunts and the same time as muzzleload Elk. Make your voices heard at your RAC meetings. The meetings for this agenda start The 1st week of Nov. Plus Muzzleload Elk and Deer are at the same time. So hope you like the same area for both cause ya can't be in 2 places at once. :>/

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Attention all UT Muzzleloaders!!! Bad News

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:27 pm

You are correct IMO, this is ODD and BAD NEWS for muzzleloader hunters.

RoTuN
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RoTuN » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:58 pm

The news on Monday after opening weekend was full of clips where alot of hunters were claiming no success. They were also saying the DNR was making changes for the 2011 season but didn;t elaborate whet they were going to be.

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:27 pm

RoTuN wrote:The news on Monday after opening weekend was full of clips where alot of hunters were claiming no success. They were also saying the DNR was making changes for the 2011 season but didn;t elaborate whet they were going to be.
I don't know why the success was so low? Maybe, they should take up archery lol
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:28 am

I agree that the hunt is not ideal. i do like being able to hunt elk and deer at the same time though. i just think the hunt should be closer to December.. after the rut.
I do not see anyone being able to change the outcome. I have heard from a reliable source they are moving forward with this. the only thing they are really doing in the RAC meetings is letting you know what is going to change. Also i was told the only thing really up in the air was a LE muzzy elk hunt in November. RAC is collecting imput on that only. RAC will not recommend changes to the otherstuff no matter what your voices say... of course everything i told you is "off the record"
that is almost word for word what i was told by...... oh i wish i could tell you the name... but i can't.... I guess you will just have to wait till 2011 to see if i was right... ;)
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 pm

I agree, the muzzleloader hunters seem to getting the short end of the stick in all of this. Outside of that though, the ideas presented seem pretty reasonable. I would suggest switching the Muzzleloader deer seasons with the LE rifle season. That would make more sense in my mind.

severetaxidermy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by severetaxidermy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Good ol' Utah fish and game at it's best!!! that's just what they do. I was at a check station opening day of the general rifle hunt where they checked over 20 bucks last year and this year they only checked like 6-7. They had 6 checked by 6:00pm when I left.

No offense to anyone, but going to the RAC meetings will only get you even more irritated and frustrated. They already have their minds made up by that point and the only reason they have them is to make you "feel" like your voice is heard. Been there, tried that.

They're all screwed up in their management if you ask me. The whole deal with the once-in-a-lifetime just goes to show you how much they care about anything but $$$$$ a slap in the residents face means more $$$ so they're gonna do it ](*,)
Mike Severe
Owner/Operater of "Severe Taxidermy"
Phone: 435.881.4727
E-mail: severetaxidermy@gmail.com
"Detail is our mark"

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:04 pm

I just read this in the SL Trib the other day... Sounds like a bunch of hunters need to voice their opinions.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-