I bought my "new" commuter!!!!

Talk related to anything & everything.
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

I bought my "new" commuter!!!!

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am

Well, I mentioned in another thread that I was lookin' for a small commuter motorcycle to help save a little money on gas and enjoy the beautiful summer weather we get here in the Lewis & Clark Valley.
I am partial to the old-school look (late 60's to early 70's) and didn't want anything too big. Heck, I only weigh 140 lbs and like I said, I just wanted a small commuter.
After looking and looking for about three months for that special bike at a price that I could afford I found what I wanted!
I local gentleman here in the valley was cleaning out and selling his late father's collection of things in his shop and advertised a 1972 motorcycle for sale. (I was searching thoughout the state and region and this fell into my lap only 5 blocks from my house!) I knew that he wasn't entirely sure what he had when he advertised a bike that never exsisted so I called him up and asked if I could come over and take a look (He had advertised a bike at a certain cc level that was never manufactured).
The moment I walked into his shop I fell in love! There sat a 1972 Honda CL175(K6) in almost perfect condition! She had only 3,700 miles on her, no rust, all parts in tact with the exception of the headlight lense, and fired up almost immediately!
He was advertising her for only $600 dollars too! I was an honest man and told him that he could get double that amount in her condition but he said "I'm a man of my word and will sell her to you what I quoted in my add. I know nothing about motorcycles, appreciate your honesty, and am glad that you are getting such a good deal!"
Well, here she is! I am getting her tuned up and carbs cleaned this coming Friday, will get her licensed next week, and I'm hitting the road! I CANNOT WAIT either! I've also got a new headlight lense on order which should be here by the end of the week!
Attachments
111.jpg
111.jpg (143.39 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (143.73 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (159.1 KiB) Viewed 3781 times

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I bought my "new" commuter!!!!

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Nothing like a smoking deal. :thumb Integrity on both sides, and yes it's looks awesome. I'm not a motorcycle guy, but I can easily see why people are. Tempting. :)

Indianw
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Indianw » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm

very nice looking bike good deal :thumb

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Even the seat's in perfect condition. Nice ride! I had the 160 cc (if I remember correctly) one that was made a few years before. They are awesome bikes. 10sign:
Mark

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 pm

dang hawk, you dog!

leave it to you to buy this type of bike (???)
what am i getting at?

i kick myself OVER and OVER for selling a 1971 honda 250 endero (SP??) that was VERY similer to yours! ( i sold it when i was saving up for my alaska moose grizzly hunt, for $600.00 ](*,) -- NOT WORTH IT, wish i woulda kept it!)

i wish i could find it and buy it back, it was in awsome condition, and would have made a great little run around bike.

i was just telling my buddy about how that was the type of bike i wish i had to run around with!

well super cool deal for you bud! congrats :thumb