Toyota
23%

Total votes: 52

MTredneck
Spike
Spike

Re: Chevy, Ford, Dodge, or Toyota

Post by MTredneck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:25 am

#1deer, what is the torque on your chevy , the diesel that yota came out with has about 700ft/lbs of torque stock w/ 300hp, you can do MINOR improvements on it that will NOT void the warranty that will up it to 500hp, and 990ft/lbs of torque, now its given they are ugly as all get out(at least the tundras) but i'm get'n a 07 double cab tacoma
keep her tween the ditches(rdneck for be safe)
you cant tell a rdneck what to do (coach Starnes)
"women stay at home, cook dinner, have our babies and bring me a beer when i holler for it" coach starnes again

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:47 am

Ive seen em all and Ill stick with my ford Ive had three now the first one had 200000 miles before I traded it in 'ford ranger' . then I had a 96 ford bronco most reliable tough truck I ever seen I was not good to that truck it had almost 300000 miles until my girlfriend wrecked it trying to miss a deer :>/ and it still ran after that just was all messed up that was by far the hardest working truck I ever seen ! now I have another 96 bronco ,there great off road and can take a heck of a beating the only thing I dont like about this truck is it dont have a bed. yes ford has had issues with there 6.0 diesel but the new 6.4 is a lot better. They all have there advantages and they all have there problems , if I had to choose a truck I would deffinetly take the new F150 those trucks are tough and reliable and great looking if I wanted a 4wd for mileage I would take a tacoma, never have like Dodge much seems like the only thing going for them is the cummins, thats a good motor !
WILD ANTLERS

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:01 pm

MTredneck, I sure would like to know where you came up with these numbers. I did a little research and as of right now there is not a diesel option in the United States on any Toyota trucks. Toyota did come out and say they are looking at developing a diesel engine with Hino, a company that makes large diesel engines in Asia. The Tundra will be the truck to get the diesel if they do develop one, possibly in '09. Currently, the only engine options for Toyota trucks are the 4.0L V6 (236hp/266lb-ft), the 4.7L V8 (276hp/313lb-ft) and the 5.7L V8 (381hp/401lb-ft).

#1Deer 1-I, the name "Silverado" has not been the name of a 1/2 ton Chevy truck for very long. C10, C1500 and other designations are how the 1/2 ton was designated for years (substitute K for C for 4X4). The name "Siverado" used to be the "luxury" edition of the 1/2 ton back from 1975 until 1999. GMC pretty much did the exact same thing with the Sierra nameplate.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Nevadahunter
4 point
4 point

Post by Nevadahunter » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:52 pm

iclike the older toyota tacomas
If God Had Intended For Us To Be Vegitarians, Why Did He Make Animals With Meat?
Unless You Haven't Heard..I'm a Pretty Big Deal Around Here.

MTredneck
Spike
Spike

Post by MTredneck » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Abert by me working for michael waltrip racing i learn about things way before others do, take for example jr's new number, new about that way before a lot of folks did, i visit the TRD plant in rowan county NC a lot to pick up race parts, so i learn a lot about new things from some guys working there.
keep her tween the ditches(rdneck for be safe)
you cant tell a rdneck what to do (coach Starnes)
"women stay at home, cook dinner, have our babies and bring me a beer when i holler for it" coach starnes again

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:02 pm

MTredneck wrote:Abert by me working for michael waltrip racing i learn about things way before others do, take for example jr's new number, new about that way before a lot of folks did, i visit the TRD plant in rowan county NC a lot to pick up race parts, so i learn a lot about new things from some guys working there.
I see, so its not a production engine as of yet. That would be a heck of an engine providing Toyota does develop it, though it would be pretty much of a waste in a 1/2 ton truck, IMHO. The only reason I can see for getting a diesel is for towing a lot of weight and as far as I know the most any 1/2 ton truck is rated at is in the 10,000 to 12,000 lb area. The current gas engines can handle that right now with no problems.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

#1DEER 1-I
Spike
Spike

Post by #1DEER 1-I » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Wow that Tundras ugly, and most definently not as tough as the Silverado.
Attachments
CK1500PickupSilverado.jpg
tundra1.jpg
tundra1.jpg (32.15 KiB) Viewed 4582 times
"Built Ford Tough"--well that's just not tough enough.