Wyo reduced price on sale

Talk related to anything & everything.
Larry
2 point
2 point

Wyo reduced price on sale

Post by Larry » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:05 am

The reduced priced tags went on sale this morning, they'er a cheap way to get to hunt Big game in Wy. Still 35 type 6 cow calf elk tags left in 21 near Baggs.
I know my spellings bad!

hunter g
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Wyo reduced price on sale

Post by hunter g » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:00 pm

any tags left over from the draw are B/S i dont ? why most are sold over counter its all posted and the land owners will not let u hunt unless u have 1500 big ones! there might be some public but the road going to it is deeded to the land owner for witch they will not let you on. I wasted hundreds of $ and hundreds of miles to figure that out so if this helps anyone my job is done.

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:21 am

Hunter G
I'll call your BS,
There were over 400 type 1 antelope tags in area 7 left over and over 40,000 acrers of walk in and even more BLM and state Land.
Elk Area 21 is over 80% public and the elk herd is way over what it should be.

You need to do you home work BEFORE you put in for tags. Guys like you get tags every year with out checking out the area before and then whine because THEY scewed up.

All you have to do is call the Biolgist in the area and they'll be happy to give you the info you need.

You mite want to change your Name to vegetarian G
I know my spellings bad!

hunter g
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hunter g » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:07 pm

LARRY
CONSIDERING YOU ARE 20 YEARS OLDER THAN ME MY DAD TOLD ME TO TREAT MY ELDERS W RESPECT I WILL. U MUST NOT HAVE EVER HUNTED UP IN BIG HORN AREA OR NE OF THEM U GO BUY A TAG FOR THE AREA DEER AND PRONGHORN AND LETS SEE WHAT U GET ALL I WAS SAYING WAS THE LEFT OVER DEER AND PRONGHORN TAGS ARE NOT WORTH GETTING. THE ONLY REASON WE BOUGHT THEM CAUSE WE DIDN'T DRAW H I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP NONE RES HUNTERS. LARRY I KNOW U ARE FROM WY AND WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT U KNOW THE AREA BETTER THAN OTHERS, BUT THE NONE RES GET TREATED LIKE crud UP THERE I HAVE BEEN FLIP THE BIRD JUST DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD EVEN YOUR GAME WARDENS WONT GIVE MUCH INFO ON WERE TOO GO,
WE PLAY A BIG FACTOR IN THE MONEY THAT COMES INN TO WY EVERY YEAR FOR HUNTING , YOUR ATTITUDE IN THE LAST REPLY PROVES OF MY POINT. BUT LARRY I HOPE U HAVE A GOOD YEAR HUNTING THIS YEAR!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 am

I hunt Wyoming every year in a unit with left over tags for deer and antelope and have access to land free of charge. Yes some landowners told me they wanted money but I knocked on doors and made plenty of phone calls and i found there are more than a few that will let you hunt especially for antelope.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:15 am

Hunter G,

From your first post it would be real easy to take it that you are talking about the entire state being that way. So if somebody that has more knowledge chimes in to set the record straight then I would be happy that I have more info so that the next time I wanted to get tags like this It would result in a much more enjoyable hunting experience.

Nothing like doing a little more homework to help with the overall hunt.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:21 pm

the 2 trips ive made, as a non resident ,to wyoming were awsome! Very nice locals, game wardens were extremly helpfull, and on bot hunts game was plentiful! what more could a person want :thumb

hunter g
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hunter g » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:32 pm

ya u may be right, i am talking about 2 areas but it was enough to drive a crazy person crazy.
thousands of acres w thousands of deer and pronghorn and every house i went to same story that is why i was just trying to give someone else info on what to do. do your homework. I have hunted wy for many years in H and those eastern units have so much more pvt land. but any way i will take what info has been given and use it wisely

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Hunter G
As for the wardens not helping, lets look at his side of your story.
They have been working 20 hour days, chaseing down calls ,patroling and along comes a guy that wants hunting info on an area he drew months ago. His biolgist ( the guy who is paid to help ya out) is maning a check station 40 miles away. Be happy if he could help ya at all.

There a few Wardens that can be jerks, but most of them are hard working people that will help ya if they can.

G&F has a warrning on the apt. regs that tell you that it can be hard to get access, when you see the warning you should call G&F and get the phone number and name of the local Biolgist before you put in for the tags.

As for getting flipped the bird, I have county 2 tags on my pick-up if I go to plat or Goshen county odds are some one will flip me the bird, But if I stop at a farm house in Weston I mite end up with a inventation to lunch if I stop By the house.

One other hint, when calling or stopping in to talk to a farmer try and do it around noon or after 7pm when he is at the house, noon is the best.

By the way, I have never work of G&F, I have done some vol work with them.
I know my spellings bad!