UNO game gone wrong

Talk related to anything & everything.
79Ford
Monster
Monster

UNO game gone wrong

Post by 79Ford » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Saw this this morning. Glad they weren't playing a real game like scrabble, then things could have really gotten out of hand. lol

Man assaults family when UNO game goes bad, police say
By Scott Sherman
The Salt Lake Tribune

An Orem man whose luck ran out in a game of UNO was arrested for aggravated assault after police say he smacked a 64-year-old woman and then threatened her husband with a large kitchen knife.
The 58-year-old man, who had been drinking, was playing cards in his home about 10:30 p.m. on Saturday with his 47-year-old nephew and the nephew's wife near 400 East and 1800 South.
He became agitated and smacked the woman on the back of the head. When his nephew told him to stop, the man reached up to do it again, said Orem police Lt. Gary Downey.
The couple decided to leave and gathered their belongings. The man grabbed his nephew's arm and punched him, Downey said. The nephew pushed the man, and the two continued fighting.
When the nephew was walking out the door to leave, his uncle shoved him in the back. The 47-year-old turned to see his uncle standing in the doorway holding a large kitchen knife.
Downey said the uncle was threatening him with the knife and ordering the pair to leave.
Police arrested the man on suspicion of aggravated assault, as well as for three outstanding warrants of aggravated assault, simple assault and driving under the influence.

182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Re: UNO game gone wrong

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:35 pm

some people....
sounds like a joke they would use on the late show or something! :))

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:24 pm

I heard about the uno escapade on KSL radio this morning. They also told of a kid playing dungeons and dragons who lost. He came back later with a hammer and beat his two "friends"One can't see now and the other was in serious condition. I hope i never play a game with someone like that. Maybe I should get a concealed carry permit before playing any board games.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Huge29
2 point
2 point

Post by Huge29 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 pm

What?? Must have been playing the speed version....??? I guess a little Mr. Al Cohol can make many people do weird things.

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:03 am

Last year the opener on the elk hunt was a white out blizzard, the only thing to do in the trailer while waiting it out was play UNO for eight hours, I'm just glad nothing bad happened.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae