Ninemile Canyon

Talk related to anything & everything.
Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Ninemile Canyon

Post by Springville Shooter » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Thought I'd post a couple more cool photos of our memorial day drive up to ninemile canyon. For those of you around Utah who haven't been there, I would highly recommend it. There is so much Native American and western history that you could not see it all in a week. There are petroglyphs, stage stops, ghost towns, Fremont Indian village sites, and many other attractions as well as Mule deer, Elk, and sheep in the canyon. Pretty cool trip for the cost of a tank of gas and a picnic lunch.-------SS
Attachments
DSCN1549.JPG
DSCN1542.JPG
DSCN1537.JPG
DSCN1536.JPG
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: Ninemile Canyon

Post by NotEnufTags » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Very cool!

It's been too many years since I've been down that way. +1 on your reccomendation though.

A couple of years ago I was hiking around some foot hills less than a mile from my house and came accross this
glyphs.jpg
glyphs.jpg (245.54 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
No where near the detail as the nine mile stuff but I found it cool to know that I live less than a mile from some native american petroglyphs.

That second photo you posted must be a native americans version of an eastmans cover story. The glyphs around it were all the back and forth banter posts about whether or not the buck/elk was farm raised. :)

I sure hope that third pic isn't showing us that some moron took some pot shoots with a .22.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Very cool. :thumb That would be a heck of a way to spend a day or weekend. 10sign:

cwp
Spike
Spike

Post by cwp » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:06 am

I grew up in that area and I would agree it is a must visit area. I think it is one of the states best kept secrets!

182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:12 am

Cool stuff! I'll have to remember that if me and the family ever make it out to Utah.

stewberd23
Spike
Spike

Post by stewberd23 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Those are pretty neat! 10sign:
Do Work

Huge29
2 point
2 point

Post by Huge29 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:03 am

That is a great trip! My fam spent the weekend in the San Rafael Swell, also one of the better kept secrets, I hope it stays that way as it has been discussed as a potential wilderness area. There are also petroglyphs there, the mini grand canyon (The Wedge), dinosaur tracks and what use to be a cool cave that the county just recently blew up. http://www.sanrafaelswell.org/gallery/gallery.php

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:18 am

Nine mile and the swell are definatley one of the states best kept secrets. There is so much history out there that most never have a clue about. My family used to run horses and cattle out on the swell since my great great grandfathers time until the 70's or so. So I guess I have been lucky enough to learn the land out there more thoroughly than most. Great post though shooter. It is some amazing country.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

desertpointbrian
Fawn
Fawn

Post by desertpointbrian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:09 pm

awesome pics thanks for sharing