Wolves??

Talk related to anything & everything.
Nevadahunter
4 point
4 point

Wolves??

Post by Nevadahunter » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:10 pm

Well as we were coming back from my deer hunt..we noticed a black dog running on a hillside..Me and my dad both said "that looks like a wolf" ..but im sure both of us were thinking in our heads that there isnt wolves in nevada because there wasnt...this thing was huge and pure black..but last night when my dad got home from work he said ..remeber when we thought we saw that wolf?..pretty sure it was because fish and game just spotted a bunch more up at the apple orchard and said they're coming in from Idaho...i hope so because weve already seen one and im hoping theres a bunch more still to come.
If God Had Intended For Us To Be Vegitarians, Why Did He Make Animals With Meat?
Unless You Haven't Heard..I'm a Pretty Big Deal Around Here.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Re: Wolves??

Post by m gardner » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:24 pm

You're hoping there's a bunch more to come??? They are a very efficient predator and surely the number of deer and elk tags available will drop. The Mexican Wolves were such a problem here that the ranchers are forcing the removal of them. It's not a good thing if you are a hunter or rancher.
Mark

mattman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mattman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:31 pm

No offense to you at all, but if you want more wolves you are crazy. They are becoming a very serious problem for both ranchers and hunters here in Idaho. Both groups are currently trying to get hunting legalized. Its looking good so far, but no seasons have been set.
Keep hiking until you dont see sign of human life, then hike some more. That my friend, is where the monster lives.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:09 am

Cant imagine anyone who loves hunting being excited about wolves coming in and wrecking havoc on the deer and elk population of any state. Yes they were here before we were, but the world has changed in the past 100 years and IMO they just don't have a place in the more densely populated world we live in today where they wont be causing problems with farmers, ranchers and even every day people. I don't hate wolves, but i also don't look forward to seeing them in my hunting grounds, nor do i look forward to them migrating with the wintering deer and elk herds and being in my back yard. I say keep them protected in Yellowstone and other such places, but treat them as a varmint everywhere else. Not in my backyard!

Nevada_Archer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Nevada_Archer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 am

They have gotten as far south as Unit 114. My buddy and I were bow hunting up on the Table on Mt. Moriah in August. We saw one early one morning and thought that it couldn't be a wolf but they sure enough let us know when the full moon came out. My friends laugh at me kidding that I dont' know the difference between a Coyote and a wolf, but I grew up huntin Coyotes. Those howls definately did not come from no Coyote unless it was on steroids.. We also found serveral deer carcasas, head and everything intact, that had been chewed up pretty good with paw tracks all around them. Wolves.... you can have em!
“Civilized life has altogether grown too tame, and, if it is to be stable, it must provide a harmless outlets for the impulses which our remote ancestors satisfied in hunting” Ernest Hemingway

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:56 am

I hope they ALL go to Nevada,good place for em.