9/11 Where were you?

Talk related to anything & everything.
sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

9/11 Where were you?

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:50 am

Just saw this post somwhere else and thought it was pretty neat so here we go.

Where were you when the world stopped turning on that September day?

I was on my way to school listening to the radio. About half way there the Pentagon got hit. Less than a year later I was in Boot Camp.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Re: 9/11 Where were you?

Post by m gardner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:34 am

I was living in my tent near the Utah border and commuting to Grand Junction to work at the aerospace plant. Lovely little canyon. Great place to live! I was drinking my coffee outside and watching the little lizards catch insects and I noticed that there were no aircraft going in and out of Walker Field. Later when I went to work at 3:30 I found that we had been attcked. Funny thing. Nothing changed in my little canyon, but the whole world changed when I got to civilization.
Mark

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:38 am

I was in my car on the way to work when the story first came out. At first they thought it was a tragic accident. About the time I got to work the second plane hit. I remember that as many of us that could fit in the CEO's office were in there glued to the news coverage. In the words of Toby Keith, it was "a mighty sucker punch that came from somewhere in the back." One sad part is that we still have not brought Osama Bin Laden to justice. I hope he is mighty tired of cave living by now.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Thunder Head
Spike
Spike

Post by Thunder Head » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:13 pm

I was setting up a pump for final machining when the first plane hit. We all thought it was probably an accident then the second plane hit.

Two days later i went up into the mountains for an afternoon hunt. It was one of those quite times in the woods when not even the birds are moving. I couldnt here an airplane or vehicles from the highway. It was just plain errie.
Have bow will travel !!!

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I had just got home for work and turned on CNBC to watch how the stock market was going before I was gonna go to bed. Live news coverage was on the channel because the 1st plane just struck. I watched and watched and then saw the second plane come crashing into the other tower. It was a horrifying experience to watch live on TV... I couldn't believe watch I was watching, it was surreal to say the least.

Sneekeepete, I just want to say thanks again to you and all the other brave US military men and women in our fine country! I probably wouldn't be able to write this right now if not for you!
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

ABert

Post by ABert » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:39 pm

I was in my rack asleep as we were pulling out of Darwin, AU in the morning. My roommate ran in saying one plane had crashed. A little while later he came back in saying another had crashed. I had to get up early to get the ship underway so I stayed in my rack.

Shortly thereafter, I was in the Norther Arabian Gulf watching multiple US Navy warships firing multiple missiles into Afghanistan.

So, I guess you could say that I wasn't at home when it happened but I did my small part in trying to make sure it will never happen again.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

jerseyelknut
Spike
Spike

Post by jerseyelknut » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 pm

I own a tire and automotive business, I was in a service bay with one of my mechanics when one of my guys came in and said that a plane just hit the world trade center. We assumed that it was a small plane and started coming up with theories. We put the news on and realized how bad it really was. A while later I got a phone call from a friend of mine who was working on the roof of a building in Jersey City, just across the river from the city. He is a big tough guy, and he was sobbing so bad on the phone, I could hardly understand him. He had seen both towers go down and completely lost it.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 am

I remember pulling into my office when it was first reported, at that time everyone was speculating it was a piston craft. After the second plane hit there was no doubt, I drove to a near by Best Buy and stood in front of the television with a huge crowd for at least two hours just really in shock.

We closed our office early that day because everyone was in such a funk and state of numbness. I went home and prayed and watched as the rest of the events unfolded.

There are those in our country that would just as soon forget 9/11...But not me, not ever.

rettro
Fawn
Fawn

Post by rettro » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:55 pm

I was at work loading trusses on a roof when the news came through I was in total disbelief till my wife called and I remember even with all the nise on a construction site it was quit and time stood still for a while.. Still hard to believe. I went back to ground zero last year with my wife and even in NYC it was so quit and peacful at the spot.. God Bless us all and those who perished!
"shake & bake"
"If yer not first yer last"