Panguitch Lake LE late any weapon

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
Earlymorningpoker
Fawn
Fawn

Panguitch Lake LE late any weapon

Post by Earlymorningpoker » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:39 am

if you have this tag please update me after the hunt on where you have seen animals....I am planning on putting my points in on this hunt 2010 and I am normally 100% an archery hunter but I just realized something.... When I started putting in I had no kids, now all 3 of my kids asked to come hunting with me this year...by the time I draw they can all come with me and I think it is a little selfish to go archery when none of them can join me on this once in a lifetime deal. I decided Panguitch late because that is the area 1- I am most familiar with 2-I can reasonably draw with my points and 3- has a good success rate...I just have not been up there in Nov to know where the Elk are at that time! My boys are dying to see dad get a big bull and my little girl has already been my trail hound in helping me find a deer I arrowed....already looking forward to next year :)

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Re: Panguitch Lake LE late any weapon

Post by The Ox » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:51 pm

horse valley is usually a good area

jarvis243
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Panguitch Lake LE late any weapon

Post by jarvis243 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:24 pm

I understand. It has been a life long dream of my dads to get a big mature bull and he finally drew an early tag this year for Panguitch. Being his only son and hunting partner i was conpletly excited to be part of the experience.
With the late hunt they are mostly low because of the snow. Anywhere there is cedars is a good start. West of Panguitch where the cedars start and all the way to the 20 is a very good place. I have seen big ones around cottonwood and buckskin flat during that hunt also. Dress warm cause it gets pretty cold once in a while in the winter there! :)