400+ archery elk

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Re: 400+ archery elk

Post by maintguy47 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Great bull,great job. The 6x6 I took last year had of set antlers like that but were nooowhere near that big. What a bull!

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:01 pm

congrats lets see more pics

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:00 am

Nice bull. Congratulations to the hunter!
shocker wrote:SORRY JARED! BUT YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS BULL BEING 400+ INCHES? LOL! THAT BULL HAS MABEY 8-9 INCH FRONTS AND THE MASS ISN'T GOING TO GET YOU THERE EITHER BUD? OR WIDTH?, OR BEAM? (or as you call it tallness!), BY THE WAY YOU KNOW THERE ARE ONLY 4 MASS MESSURMENTS PER SIDE, NOT 5??? BASE'S DON'T COUNT! I HAVE SEEN THIS BULL ON THE HOOF FOR TWO YEARS AND HE IS NO MORE THAN A 350 OR LESS GROSS BULL... THE "F" WORD IS A BIG WORD..("F"our hundred) LEARN WHAT A 400 INCH BULL IS BEFORE YOU BLOW IT FOR YOUR FIRST TIME ON THE WORLD WIDE WEBB.. YOUR BULL WITH YOU MESSURMENTS WOULD HAVE TO HAVE G-1 17", G-2 17", G-3 17", G-4 20" AND G-5 10" BEAMS YOUR MESSURMENT 57", MASS 32" DOUBLE ALL THAT PLUS YOUR WIDTH 61" THAT'S 401" BUD DON'T SEE IT HERE SORRY???? SKULLCRAZY IS THE ONLY MEMBER WITH ANY ELK SENSE AT ALL.. THE ONLY OTHER ONE THAT KNOWS YOU MIGHT WANT TO SPEND A LITLE MORE TIME GETTING YOUR HANDS ON REAL 400" BULLS... JUST SOME WORDS OF ADVISE!!!
Wow. You don't have much tact, do you? Read the reply below. Maybe you can learn something from it.

BOHNTR wrote:First off, awesome bull....congrats to the hunter. Secondly, a "score" is just a number.......remember that. Don't get too wound up on a number, it takes awy from the true reason why we hunt. Also, no matter the true score, it takes nothing away from the incredible animal that has been taken.

Now having said that, I also have a hard time seeing 400".....especially on a 5-point frame......and I officially measure them. Just keep in mind, there has never been a 400" net 5 point bull ever officially recorded. I could be wrong......especially by looking at a photo only, so when it becomes "officially" measured let us know. I'd love to be wrong on this. I hope it measures up to what you want it to be. Good lcuk and thanks for posting the photo up for us to see.
Hoyt

bman9900
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bman9900 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:20 pm

As usual, great comment Roy. I couldn't agree more about the whole number / score hang-up many of us have. In Utah, I have heard guys scoff at another hunter after he took a 385ish bull because it wasn't a 400. And to take a 350ish bull, now that is a unpardonable sin in this state if you have a LE tag (thank goodness there is no official scoring system for wives or girlfriends because many would be guilty of tagging 100-200ish women). :)) I get so sick of it because as Roy states it detracts from the real reason why many of us hunt or should hunt. I would be proud to hang a tag on that bull and I would like to congratulate the poster's father because he has taken a true trophy - irregardless of the score.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:27 pm

bman9900 wrote:As usual, great comment Roy. I couldn't agree more about the whole number / score hang-up many of us have. In Utah, I have heard guys scoff at another hunter after he took a 385ish bull because it wasn't a 400. And to take a 350ish bull, now that is a unpardonable sin in this state if you have a LE tag (thank goodness there is no official scoring system for wives or girlfriends because many would be guilty of tagging 100-200ish women). :)) I get so sick of it because as Roy states it detracts from the real reason why many of us hunt or should hunt. I would be proud to hang a tag on that bull and I would like to congratulate the poster's father because he has taken a true trophy - irregardless of the score.
Then this thread should not have started out putting a number on the bull....plain and simple, because it has taken the focus off this great bull.
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"