Elk Hunting The Henrys

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
camodup
3 point
3 point

Elk Hunting The Henrys

Post by camodup » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 pm

So today i bought a Any Bull tag for here in Utah. I live in cache valley and im definitely planning on traveling. I was thinking about maybe hitting up the Henrys. Any suggestions? Thanks fellas!
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: Elk Hunting The Henrys

Post by NotEnufTags » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:29 am

There are very few elk on the Henries. They are difficult to find. I'd probably scout the areas near flaming gorge seeing as how you'll be traveling anyways.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

sewing
Spike
Spike

Post by sewing » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:52 am

I didn't see hide nor hair of an elk last fall. Come to think of it we didn't see any tracks either. :)

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:30 pm

The Henries are a long way to travel to look for elk. If you are traveling to that area for other reasons then I would say by all means go look at some awesome deer and if you happen to get lucky then even better. On the other hand if you are going down there to just chase elk then be prepaird to see no elk at all. In all of my trips I have never seen any elk of any signs of elk any where on that unit. You will still see some awesome deer and maybe even a bison or two and tons of awesome country but not many elk. The state is trying to keep the elk population on that unit at 0.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.