panguitch lake archery

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
The Ox
Monster
Monster

panguitch lake archery

Post by The Ox » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:01 pm

not slouching just wonderin if anyone has seen any monster bulls on panguitch this year if so help is always welcome if ya dont mind sharing info. i figure it never hurts to have extra eyes out...i have been scouting 2-3 times aweek and have a couple cams out. have seen some good bulls but thought id ask if anyone has seen any others.around. thanks!

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Re: panguitch lake archery

Post by The Ox » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:28 pm

comeon fellas dont hold back let me know if ya see any monsters! ive scouted the heck out of the top of the mountain and cant seem to dig anything up over 350... i know they are there so if anyones see any brutes plesae pm

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Doesnt your old buddy Doyle have the low down on every big bull in the lower 48? lol

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:47 pm

my buddy? thought he was your buddy! why dont ya give him a call and find out for me old pal nonya! would really appreciate it! thanks i know i could count on ya!

Earlymorningpoker
Fawn
Fawn

Mr OX here is my .02

Post by Earlymorningpoker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:02 am

If you shoot a 350 bull with your bow...you will be my hero for life....

You see there aren't many hunters that:

1- have the skill to outsmart an elk that big
2- spend the necessary time in the field
3- are fortunate enough to get within bow range, and be able to pull of the shot

The year my buddy shot an Elk that went into the Pope and Young record book it was under 350 and it was one of the top 30 bulls killed with a bow ...WORLD WIDE! Of all the bulls killed with a bow, one scoring 350 would be in the 90th percentile. That means less than 10% of all bulls killed are going to be bigger!

Also, let me tell you even experts disagree on just how many inches are on a bull; until it hits the ground and you put tape to antler, its a guessing game.

So if you hit the Panguitch Lake unit and shoot a bull, any branched bull you are doing better than over 85% of hunters, if you get one that is over 285 inches you should wet yourself with excitement, if you get one bigger than that, it is just a cherry on top IMO.

I hope you have the hunt of your life and enjoy it with good people in gods country, it really doesn't get better than that!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Ox:

Check your PM.....
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer