Wabbit huntin

Talk anything related to bowhunting
muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 am

love huntin wabbits.we take alot of cottontails during bow season and an occassional jack or two if they stay put long enough to get a shot.tried prairie dog a couple times ,Man that takes a little getting used to.for close shots on cottontails we like to use those blunt tips that you use for techno.I am looking forward to trying pheasant hunting with fluflu's this year,that just looks like a blast.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:03 pm

Huge Jack BOHNTR! Thats awesome. I've never seen those arrows anywhere in my life ??? . Can you get them anywhere? (Sportsmans, Cabelas, Wally World, Costco?) Or ya gotta go somewhere special?

I need to get into this, seems like it'd be a blast!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:32 pm

Zwickey Judo points are available at most archery pro-shops and also major sporting catalogs (Cabelas, Bass-Pro, etc.) . They're fairly inexpensive as well.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

team_predator_6
Fawn
Fawn

Thanks

Post by team_predator_6 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:22 pm

hey thanx for the info. I like using the judo. i find it if you grind the tip of the judo point down without hurting the wires it makes it quiter flying through the air. Thanx for the information
Bowhunting is the only way to go

Kirby
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Kirby » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:52 am

I've also heard really good things about the G5 small game head.

I like judos, but do find the wires bend, and get twisted up good if you hit stumps, or solid wood, but I've never had a problem straightening them.

Kirby
When in doubt, floor it.

grizzlyplumber
Fawn
Fawn

Post by grizzlyplumber » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:27 am

That G5 head looks great. I use Judos on flu-flus and have only ever lost one arrow out of hundreds of shots. I use them on dove, quail, rabbits, gound squirrels and whatever else I would shoot with a .22. They make a really good combination.

Rooselk
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Rooselk » Tue May 02, 2006 3:08 pm

I love to chase rabbits with my longbow and beagle. For rabbits I like Ace Hex blunts - they're an excellent bunny buster.

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Ya it is hard with a bow cuz they will just start runnin if they see you! Luckally a year ago me and my nephew went rabbit hunting with his bow and this rabit was blind or someting cuz it would just try to hide! the closest it would let us get to it was about 10 feet then it would run! my nephew after taken about 10 shots and losing 4 or 5 arrows he finally hit it in the hip! then it started running around in circles and running into the curb on the side of the road then my nephew finally hit it in the head and killed it!!! ya its a retarded hunter and rabbit! thats a fair chase!