2008 Buck 223 6/8ths

Talk anything related to bowhunting
ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Re: 2008 Buck 223 6/8ths

Post by ElkaHolic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:09 pm

This is a good reference for you, the arrow is 23" long, click on the image, then click on it again and see it at 600px

Also his skull is over 15" wide Typo on that post
There is a reason they call it Hunting, and not Killing :)
http://www.thehuntersspace.com

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:16 pm

Little sensitive ain't ya? =;
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:27 pm

You know what elkoholic.......you're right. I re-read my last post and it definitely came out wrong. If I had read that, I would have probably thought the same thing. It was definitely not what I meant. I guess that's what happens when I post something and I'm rushed for time. My apologies.....poor choice of words on my part.

Even though bears only have two measurements, they are often measured incorrectly resulting in hunters that are left disappointed when the final score is given. As I've already stated in some of my prior posts.....it's an AWESOME bear and deer. You should be and most likely are very proud of it. I sure would be!

You have to understand, the numbers given are very hard to comprehend for a bear skull that has the flesh and hide removed......as your black bear would potentially measure 36 8/16".....which would not only break the current B&C world record by over 12" but would also break the world record for Polar Bear, Brown Bear, and Grizzly Bear respectively. I hope it holds up....that would be awesome......and put the bear hunting fraternity in a frenzy! :)

Keep us posted on the outcome.....would love to see you with a true prehistoric type monster bear on the top of the list!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:43 pm

I appreciate the apology, and yes I know the measurements are unreal, but what the end result was figured at was A little over 24" total by the scorer, I wrote down what he said and I may have made a mistake or him. The bottom line is that it is going to be very close and I am excited about that. This particular bear has been sought after for many years, and I got extremely lucky in getting him. I know you deleted my last post to save the Internet brawl, and I am glad you handled the thing this way. I just hope you understand where I am coming from, you do remember, right?

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:00 pm

you do remember, right?
Actually I don't, sorry......and I'm not even 50 yet! lol

Pope & Young Measurer

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 pm

ElkaHolic wrote:I appreciate the apology, and yes I know the measurements are unreal, but what the end result was figured at was A little over 24" total by the scorer, I wrote down what he said and I may have made a mistake or him. The bottom line is that it is going to be very close and I am excited about that. This particular bear has been sought after for many years, and I got extremely lucky in getting him. I know you deleted my last post to save the Internet brawl, and I am glad you handled the thing this way. I just hope you understand where I am coming from, you do remember, right?
i thought the same thing when i read it. the first post says it was 21 1/2 long and 12 wide. but this post says it is 24" total. there is a mix up somewhere. the score is made frome length + width. it is a huge bear, but physically impossible for it to be 21 1/2 long and 12" wide. --- the 24 " is huge AND possible.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 pm

Easy on Lynn guys. This bear is a GIANT, he nor I really doesn't care the total score. But he will have it measured officially to see where it turns up. He is absolutely stoked about it regardless of the score, he just told me the story and it's crazy. The bear actually charged him, scared me as he told me; can't imagine being there.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:36 pm

not being hard at all, or not meaning to be anyway. just clarifying. score isn't at all what is important. that bear is huge! and maybe it will be a new world record, just not almost TWICE as big as the old one. lol we should all remember score is just a # the hunt is what makes the memories!

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:39 pm

Well BOHNTR I do not want to rehash the past, I will keep you posted on what the official score comes up with, once the beetles have done there job. I should have an actual BC green score soon. I looked back at the sheets of paper and he measured 21 3/4 long with hide on and 15 1/2 wide hide on, then some other scribbles and scores and the bottom lined score was to be around 24 plus possible after drying time.Right now it's possible, because they are so close he could come close to the grizzley score. But who knows, it's all speculation at this point

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:49 pm

I looked back at the sheets of paper and he measured 21 3/4 long with hide on and 15 1/2 wide hide on
Okay, that makes sense to me now.......I thought the measurements given were the skull only (without hide). Maybe now you can see why I was clarifying.

Now having said that, even with those hide measurements that's an AWESOME bear, he's going to go VERY high......you should be pumped! Sounds like a heck of story too!

You can always PM me on how I know you.......and give me the story of the bear......sounds like it got a bit western on you.

Pope & Young Measurer