Post by GKNUDSON » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:24 pm

What a year I'm impressed!

Thanks for the story

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Re: Very long 2008 season...

Post by 6x6 bull » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:36 am

Awesome year ss34. Thats what dreams are made of. Big time Congrats on all your success !! I don't know if I could afford all the arrows.

supersider34
Spike
Spike

Post by supersider34 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks all. Just have a good woman that puts up with my hunting addiction. Still been out with my brother looking for his archery buck right now. Hopefully he will connect this year.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:31 am

SS34, Another great year for you. Great job! Looks like you're ready for a long winter with all of that meat. :thumb
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 am

Heck of a year man!!! congrats on all of your kills! I'm sure you will remember this year for many more! :thumb
P.S. I wish I had your luck!
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:09 am

Your the man supersider, I consider any kill with a bow to be a trophy becuase of the skill it takes to get in close. I am floored at the number of bow kills you had in one year. Having hunted coyote with a rifle, I am even more impressed with your coyote and fox kill. You must be one heck of a tuned in shooter. Congatulations on an awesome year. :thumb
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

MTQUIVER
Spike
Spike

Post by MTQUIVER » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Congrats on a great year!
Jason Yates
http://www.basinarcheryshop.com/
Go Bow or Go Home

supersider34
Spike
Spike

Post by supersider34 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:16 am

Thanks again for the kudos. Been out looking to help brother on a buck. Still looking.

pete-
I am very lucky. As my friend states more time spent out hunting makes your odds better for a kill. But will take luck over being unlucky any day.Actually I missed the mule deer a week before I shot him. Shot and missed him at 30 yds+- . He jumped and kicked like a hit. I watched him run off and looked for him and never found him. Tried tracking him got him about 400 yds and no blood. Could not find my arrow. Felt good. But I looked him over after I got him skinned and not even a nick on him. But glad I got a second chance at him.

NotEnuf-
Second yote ever taken with a bow. Last year shot one close to where this one was but off a gut pile. Both where young pups would imagine. Plus in Aug they are not being hunted. The fox was my first. Probably could get them pretty easy up where we go camping alot. Have them come into camp all summer and even during deer and elk season. But no one in our group does anything to them. Had a big one try to haul off my brothers deer head horns and cape one year. Was pretty funny. We got back to camp took head out of truck set it by door and got a cup of coffee and stepped back outside and it had it about 40' from camp and almost over the edge. Had them take scraps of meat but never eat off the hanging meat.

But talking about a caribou hunt for 2009 or 2010. Wife wants a moose hunt. We will see.