Deer Co Cain

Talk anything related to bowhunting
nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Re: Deer Co Cain

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:21 pm

I didn't use it right. The best results came from the deer caine, because I followed directions. But all that could sit and lick the ground were does. Anything male would just walk by. I boty 100s of pictures of elk though.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 pm

hawkeye wrote:So how did the Deer Cocaine work for you? I am interested in hearing your report.

Hawkeye

I put some out about a month ago and haven't been back, I'm going back this week and probably over Thanksgiving, I'll report then. The thing that sucks is that my trail camera got stolen a few months back and I won't have a new one until next year. I'll give a full report next year through the spring and summer with the new camera.

Brandon
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

BowtechAdmiral
Spike
Spike

Post by BowtechAdmiral » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:51 am

So is it legal in Utah to hunt over Deer Co Cain or Mineral Rocks? I called the DNR and the person wasn't able to tell me yes or no. She said it is a "Moral choice." If this stuff works like some of you are saying and if it is legal to use then it would be very benificial to sit in a tree stand over it.
New School Archer. Never settle with good. Always looking for something better.

waylaid
Fawn
Fawn

Post by waylaid » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:16 pm

salt rocks work like a dream and are CHEAP. Had elk and deer in it everyday for two months. had over 500 pics every week and a half.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 pm

BowtechAdmiral wrote:So is it legal in Utah to hunt over Deer Co Cain or Mineral Rocks? I called the DNR and the person wasn't able to tell me yes or no. She said it is a "Moral choice." If this stuff works like some of you are saying and if it is legal to use then it would be very benificial to sit in a tree stand over it.
It's never mentioned in the "Illeagal hunting methods" of the proclamation, but I've been told that once the season starts, you can't have it in your posession. But that sorce isn't official.

BowtechAdmiral
Spike
Spike

Post by BowtechAdmiral » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Hey Brandon,

Any luck with your Deer Co Cain?
New School Archer. Never settle with good. Always looking for something better.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:53 pm

nuttinbutchunks wrote:
BowtechAdmiral wrote:So is it legal in Utah to hunt over Deer Co Cain or Mineral Rocks? I called the DNR and the person wasn't able to tell me yes or no. She said it is a "Moral choice." If this stuff works like some of you are saying and if it is legal to use then it would be very benificial to sit in a tree stand over it.
It's never mentioned in the "Illeagal hunting methods" of the proclamation, but I've been told that once the season starts, you can't have it in your posession. But that sorce isn't official.
If it's not in the proclamation then there is no way anyone can say boo about it. The Big Game Proc. is the law pertaining to big game hunting. "Moral Choice"???? That's funny.

Admiral - Anyway, I haven't been back up there to that spot I put out the Deer Co Cain on, I'm thinking that come Spring I'll give it the old college try. I think I put it a little too high for this time of year anyway, probably wasted my money, but trial and error is what I'm all about. Usually error!

SHANE(WA)
Spike
Spike

Post by SHANE(WA) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:20 pm

It's alot cheaper to just go buy feed salt at the feed store for. $5 for 50 lbs! Last longer and works the same, u can add some di-calcium phosphate, trace mineral salt to the feed salt and make it a beneficial lick

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:57 pm

That's good info Shane, thanks! Itching to get out there.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Bowtech43 wrote:That's good info Shane, thanks! Itching to get out there.
Me too! =D>