For those string stops... which brand are you using

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Re: For those string stops... which brand are you using

Post by Mularcher » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 pm

I might have to look into that… I put up a couple in a area I saw several good size bucks last year. Didn’t see anything over 4” with two days of looking but did see a lot of people? Might be a busy year.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Busy with people scouting or recreational use (like ATVr's)?

Where were you that you saw so many people? That never bodes well... were they archery guys or rifle?
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Lots of people off the beaten path in general, looked like scouting to me. Could have been Fathers day and just more people nature walking but I haven't seen it before. If I remember right the archery hunt tags are anywhere state wide? if so I'm thinking that has something to do with it. I plan to move the cameras to a area still partially covered with snow I didn't see anyone up there with the spotting scope...lol also I'm trying to find a couple areas holding bucks that way if i have to I can move.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:16 pm

What part of the mountain are you hunting?

l was up this past weekend. The camera did a great job, it picked up a handful of does and two little button bucks. Hopefully it gets a little more active.

l had a great weekend of scouting and saw... well l have to keep that on the down lo :-$
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:28 pm

I'm on the North side but If I don't get pics or see the buck from last year I plan to move around a lot. I might try to get up this weekend and check the cameras and probably move one of them.