Ground Blind Shooting

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Ground Blind Shooting

Post by Bowtech43 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:48 am

Hey -

I was wondering if anybody has an opinion on shooting though that camo mesh that velcro's on ground blind windows. I've hunted from a blind before but have never used the mesh, just always figured that I didn't want my arrow to make contact with anything but the animal. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Brandon
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Re: Ground Blind Shooting

Post by 'Ike' » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 am

Shot quite a few Turkeys through my DoubleBull and the mesh windows...Farthest shot 32 yards, shooting the old school Rocket SteelHeads...Lot of arguments out there about 'do it' and 'don't do it'...You can't shoot the 'L' blade type mech's out of it, but fixed blades go through like butter...

Biggest thing I can say is set it up and practice from it.... :thumb
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:34 pm

'Ike' wrote:Biggest thing I can say is set it up and practice from it.... :thumb
Does that not damage them, or can you shoot through them a few times before they are ruined? Another problem is that I have a 30.5" draw and seem to be sticking the point of my arrow and lead hand a bit out the window as it is, so it may not be an option anyway. But thanks for the feedback. :thumb

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:07 pm

Should only take a couple shots to tell and with the smaller windows they're easy to replace...The T2 I shoot out of can take a ton of shots and the DarkHorse the same if you do need to shoot through the mesh...If you brush it in well, you won't need to shoot through the mesh, but out a window....

Monkey arms man! :)) I've got a 28.5" draw, just sit as far back and in a corner if you can, plus that's where you want to be anyway...Adds to concealment and keeps your movement out of sight...If your blind is blacked-out inside, wear a black top, gloves and a facemask! :thumb

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Thanks Ike, I'll give that a try. I was laughing to myself, because in order for me to draw I have to put the tip of my arrow in the corner of the blind and then bring it up to the window. I do have monkey arms. And the sad thing is that I could stand to make my draw longer but I'm pretty sure my little Bowtech Tomkat is maxed out as it is... lol

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:19 am

Bowtech43 wrote:Thanks Ike, I'll give that a try. I was laughing to myself, because in order for me to draw I have to put the tip of my arrow in the corner of the blind and then bring it up to the window. I do have monkey arms. And the sad thing is that I could stand to make my draw longer but I'm pretty sure my little Bowtech Tomkat is maxed out as it is... lol
LoL! :)) What type/kind of blind?

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:01 am

It's the Ameristep Doghouse Blind. I got it in Cabelas bargain cave for $69.
Blind.jpg
Blind.jpg (28.95 KiB) Viewed 4149 times