I have Buck Fever!!!

Talk anything related to bowhunting
PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: I have Buck Fever!!!

Post by PhillyB » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Bowtech43 wrote:
PhillyB wrote: I am at a wedding in Wyoming this weekend in some prime mule deer country and got in trouble this morning for heading up a ridge in the dark to see if anything was moving at first light...

I told my wife I needed the exercise and had to keep my spotting skills sharp. My wife and mother in law didn't agree

lol =D> I'm skipping out on my cousin's reception who conveniently planned it the day before the opener. I'll be at the ceremony and luncheon, however my wife is still PO'd. :-k Seriously? The eve of the opener??? It's not like these dates change.... sheesh!
Mularcher wrote:Speaking of weddings how bad is it that I skipped my brother in laws wedding in Cancun this week to go scout? My wife thought it was a some big deal????? Hey I told them August to November count me out. ended up following a couple shooters around and saw a bunch of 2X2's either way I hope I'm grilling backstraps next weekend.
Honestly who gets married in August- November anyways? Do you want to fight that battle every year, either your anniversary or the huntin' trip?

I told my brother in law he sealed his own fate with that one. He is a Wyoming rifle elk hunter, but will never see any archery season getting married in the middle of August.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: I have Buck Fever!!!

Post by PhillyB » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:55 pm

firefighterbraun wrote:I'm having trouble falling asleep already due to the fact I keep seeing my bucks in my head and getting excited for Saturday morning! Not really looking forward to Friday night......going to have a really REALLY hard time falling asleep!!
I feel the same way. I lay in bed at night arguing with myself what area I should hunt on opening morning. During the work day l am running through scenarios in my head.

I have done everything... shot religiously, scouted, done enough cardio to run a marathon, packed, bought supplies, checked my bow, tuned up the truck

Now it is a waiting game and it is killing me. 1.5 days and l am gone for 10 days. If i watch another video on xbandits.com my retinas are going to burn a hole in the monitor. :thumb
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing