Talk anything related to bowhunting
WinMag
3 point
3 point

Re: Archery Sights

Post by WinMag » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:17 am

I'm getting my bow back out after a 4 year hiatus and was looking to upgrade my sites. I like the Spot Hogg SDP7 w/ Hogg wrap but the $200 price tag makes me hesitate. I want to extend my range so the added pins are a must and the wrap would be nice for those bucks that step out right at last light. I was told to just buy it, I won't be disappointed. I think I will. :-k
Last edited by WinMag on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:11 pm

WinMag wrote:I'm getting by bow back out after a 4 year hiatus and was looking to upgrade my sites. I like the Spot Hogg SDP7 w/ Hogg wrap but the $200 price tag makes me hesitate. I want to extend my range so the added pins are a must and the wrap would be nice for those bucks that step out right at last light. I was told to just buy it, I won't be disappointed. I think I will. :-k
Before you do that, look at the Black Gold Ascent (Single pin for $150) or the Easy Glider (about $130). The ascent comes in multipl pin or single pin configs. Both are less than $200. I think Spott Hog sights are great, just a little over-rated compared to others.

The neat thing about the single pin slider is you can set your pin for any distance you want out to 110 yards without stacking. I just got the Ascent and it is great.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Just had an Ascent sent to me a few weeks ago......NICE looking site that is built very well.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:32 pm

nuttinbutchunks and BOHNTER thanks for the tip. I will check into that before I dive into the Spot-Hogg.