Favorite Bow or Brand.

Talk anything related to bowhunting
182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Re: Favorite Bow or Brand.

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:49 pm

I've shot a bear, browning, hoyt and mathews. I thought the bear, browning and hoyt were good when I was shooting them, but then I finally broke down and bought the mathews and am now hooked for life! As said earlier, you get what you pay for. That being said, I think you can buy my current bow (mathews outback) completely set up on ebay for around $400. It's pretty hard to find a NEW bow from any manufacturer for much less than that. I'm not saying that these other guys don't make good bows, it's just my opinion that mathews takes the cake for smoothness, forgiveness, quietness and speed. I've shot the new drenalin and DXT and it is actually pretty amazing how much lighter and more quite they are than my bow, but I can't get myself to spend the money to buy a new bow when mine works perfectly fine. That's just my two cents....

mching
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mching » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:29 pm

I've had several Mathews and really liked the XT,,,, but my new favorite is the alahamax hoyt.

HighLander
Monster
Monster

Post by HighLander » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:57 pm

I shoot a Hoyt Katera and love it....I shoot all the new 2010 bows and I like the new Hoyt maxxis, but I also liked the Matthews Z7, but I am loyal to Hoyt and will buy another Hoyt.
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ARROWS BEFORE SHOOTING.......TRUST ME!!

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Another vote for Mathews. If you can't fit one into your budget, go with Mission, made by Mathews, and has many of the same features the Mathews has. Don't shy away from Hoyt though, they make great bows and I really liked the Quest Primal too. Then not to stear you to another website, but for used bows I always look at Archerytalk.com, classifieds. You may find a new bow at a used bow price.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!