How Do You Pick a Hunting Partner

Talk anything related to bowhunting
sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: How Do You Pick a Hunting Partner

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:43 am

My best hunting partner is my Dad. I have others but he is by far the best. Since being in the Marine Corps finding hunting partners where I am stationed has alway been interesting. I have been lucky and found some great partners it just stinks when I have to leave them behind or one of us is missing out because of deployments.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

TommyColey
Spike
Spike

Post by TommyColey » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 am

did I miss something. is there a rule that said you can't have more than 1 hunting partner???

we need more information.

grenda
Fawn
Fawn

Post by grenda » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 pm

I have a great hunting partner I met in the hills three years ago. I was on a coveted elk tag that I drew in SE Idaho and for some reason or another this guy took a liking to me. He gave me some great leads on some nice bulls. The last night of the hunt, I still hadn't filled and he took me to where he knew a 6x6 was and I shot him at 496 yards!

Last year, on my way home from a successful goat hunt I swung in and deer hunted with him for a day. He glasses a big 4x4 bout two miles away and we went after him. The stalk took four hours and we ended walking about 4 miles to get him. It was the steepest rock climbing I have ever done. You could put your hand in front of you and touch the ground as you were hiking up the hill. We got in position of the buck we had glasses and waited for 3 hours. He finally stepped out at 322 yards and my buddy took the shot. I was the spotter and was sure of a good hit, but he thought he had missed. We walked over there and no sign of anything.. He went uphill to look and I went down and yelled for him to come down to check out his big buck! We boned out the deer and packed the meat, cape, 2 rifles, two packs all the way back to the truck. When we got back he said "Man I owe you a pack job now don't I?" I replied "Nope. We are buddies and that's what we do." One of the best hunting partners, who would do the same for me any day of the week.
-Big Buck Down!-

steve8410
Spike
Spike

Post by steve8410 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:11 pm

thats a good question, i wish i knew the answer too...mine is my dad but he lives in wisconsin so that does me no good here in utah.

so many different styles of hunting, different levels of how serious you are about it, and to match the personalities as well is tough...we need to make a classified ad section to find a hunting partners or something?? ha.

i guess that's why i hunt alone, it isnt as much fun but i get the job done

good luck on your search if you figure out the answer let us know