Talk anything related to bowhunting
PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Re: I have Buck Fever!!!

Post by PhillyB » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Bowtech43 wrote:
PhillyB wrote:It is a good time of year indeed
Good time of year no doubt, but I'm beginning to drive myself crazy. I feel like I need a time machine. It's like a crack head who need his fix RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! But you have to wait, and everyday is long, and everyone around me thinks I'm obsessed... which I AM! It's nice to have time to get your gear together and get dialed in, but now I'm good to go. Just need a litte cooperation from old Father Time...

](*,) (???) (@@)
I am at a wedding in Wyoming this weekend in some prime mule deer country and got in trouble this morning for heading up a ridge in the dark to see if anything was moving at first light...

I told my wife I needed the exercise and had to keep my spotting skills sharp. My wife and mother in law didn't agree
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:45 pm

PhillyB wrote: I am at a wedding in Wyoming this weekend in some prime mule deer country and got in trouble this morning for heading up a ridge in the dark to see if anything was moving at first light...

I told my wife I needed the exercise and had to keep my spotting skills sharp. My wife and mother in law didn't agree

lol =D> I'm skipping out on my cousin's reception who conveniently planned it the day before the opener. I'll be at the ceremony and luncheon, however my wife is still PO'd. :-k Seriously? The eve of the opener??? It's not like these dates change.... sheesh!
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

steve8410
Spike
Spike

Post by steve8410 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 pm

did my scouting trip thursday....really surprised i didnt see an elk, but tons and tons of sign in the wallows, got my trailcam setup i cant wait to see what's in there.

on my way out my buddy noticed something with big antlers standing on the edge of a clearing about 200 yards away, thought it was a big bull because you could clearly see the rack without optics....pulled out the binos and id bet its dang close to a 30" wide or wider buck, really tall tines, 5x5 or more! there was a second one just as wide behind him in the woods more, he saw us stopped on the road watched for awhile and when he walked into the woods the other one did to so i never got a better look. i cant wait, hopefully i see him again, i think he will stay in the area unless they push the dang sheep into that canyon!

the fever is only getting worse!

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Steve - So your saying you have "buck fever" too? Those bucks would haunt my dreams for sure! Hopefully you can find them in a week.

<--------)

steve8410
Spike
Spike

Post by steve8410 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:38 pm

oh yeah i have the fever, i have already spent too much time studying the spot where i saw those bucks on a topo map, there is nothing left to study yet somehow i keep looking lol

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:02 pm

I've re-packed my backpack three times already......I leave next Monday (23rd)......it's not coming soon enough. :)
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:09 am

Speaking of weddings how bad is it that I skipped my brother in laws wedding in Cancun this week to go scout? My wife thought it was a some big deal????? Hey I told them August to November count me out. ended up following a couple shooters around and saw a bunch of 2X2's either way I hope I'm grilling backstraps next weekend.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:08 pm

I packed in base camp this past weekend, was able to get the tent up, water supply, and just as we were getting ready to go we had a bull bugle about 200 yards from our camp.... I did not sleep last night... lol
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 pm

BOHNTR wrote:I've re-packed my backpack three times already......I leave next Monday (23rd)......it's not coming soon enough. :)

lol
Buckmaster wrote:I packed in base camp this past weekend, was able to get the tent up, water supply, and just as we were getting ready to go we had a bull bugle about 200 yards from our camp.... I did not sleep last night... lol
I can imagine your excitement!

That's what I love about hunting though. I have general season deer and elk tags and I am still driving myself crazy with anticipation. 5 days and counting...
<--------)

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 am

I'm having trouble falling asleep already due to the fact I keep seeing my bucks in my head and getting excited for Saturday morning! Did one last trip in yesterday and everything is looking very good in the honeyhole.....now just hope it all comes together opening morning! I'm ready to get off of work and be on the mountain for 6 days!! :)) Not really looking forward to Friday night......going to have a really REALLY hard time falling asleep!!